Weight Training

Options
I have always wanted to add weight training into my exercise routine, but feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Has anyone tried a personal trainer? I feel like a session or two to show me the ropes would be great, but I don't wanna waste my money. Does anyone have any good sites or videos to help me get started?

Replies

• marinaevgenevna
    Options
    I hired a personal trainer a few years ago. However, I spent A LOT of money on this because I had to buy a package of many session. Basically, in five sessions, I got him to make me two super intense, amazing routines that really get me into amazing shape given that I follow them. Each exercise used many muscle groups and was interesting. I have several more sessions left that I haven't used. I've been interchanging these workouts for almost 2 years now. I've tried p90x and other videos, but I just find them boring compared to my exercise with the trainer.
  • cherie886
    Options
    Ya that's exactly what I need : a routine. I'm no fitness guru so I could def use a professionals help. I will have to start shopping around.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    They are not cheap BUT they push you harder then you push yourself so you can see some amazing results!
  • roadworthy
    Options
    If you have a smartphone take a look at the pocket trainer app. I just started using the trial and so far I really like what it can do. Whether at home or at the gym it will take your information, what you have for equipment and create a workout session for you.
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question today. Great post I'm curious to what ppl post :)
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personal trainers are great if you can get one that "actually" tailors to your goals. If you don't want to spend a lot of money though, there are hundreds of websites that offer weight training programs and tutorials on how to do certain exercises. A little research goes along way! Good luck on your 2012 goals!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ya that's exactly what I need : a routine. I'm no fitness guru so I could def use a professionals help. I will have to start shopping around.
    You need to learn the basics, looking into starting strength. When looking for a trainer make sure they teach you how to squat, dead lift, and bench. However, for women the squat and dead lift are more important.
  • FitBritt1
    Options
    I read another post that suggested bodybuilding.com which has trainer tips and videos for people of all levels and ages.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    bodybuilding.com always has good information. The articles, not necessarily the forums. Mark rippetoes startin strength is good. And if you can afford a personal trainer and find a good one, then that's a great place to start.