Tried and trusted cookbooks for healthy meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a cookbook, but a website. I haven't gone wrong with http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i like the moosewood cookbooks
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My favorite website: http://www.dashingdish.com/

These are my favorite cookbooks at home:

-Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook

-Taste of Home: Guilt Free Cooking: 356 Home Style Recipes for Healthier Living

-Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook: Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone!

I think that the Crock Pot one is my favorite out of the 3. Good luck!

I really like taste of Home, and the Guilt Free cookbook is sitting in my wish list already! The Fix it and Forget it books are nice, too. I already have the slow cooker book :-) I also have Fix it and Enjoy it!

Thanks everyone!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump b/c I'm looking for ideas too
  • Takes2long
    Options
    Even though most of the Cooking Light ones could be found online, I still really like having the book in hard cover.

My DH said I should put my recipes on the computer. Nope! I like having the book! LOL...although I DO look online for ideas.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i love my biggest loser cookbooks!
  • onmyway31
    Options
    bump
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Mens Health puts out a series of books "Eat This, Not That" and they're geared towards making heathier choices. There's one for children...a few about desserts, some are about grocery shopping.

the one I'm most impressed with is the 'Cook This, Not That' one.. It's basically a bunch of restaurant-style popular dishes, and breaks down the nutrition of them (usually double or triple what you'd expect or need) and provides a make-at-home version thats waaaay healthier

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMwGsfW2VpDXZxmCEo_wCFT2PZKQova_gAlFcEZ9QRrtnAnlt_

I actually gave a copy to my bro.

As far as cooking for myself goes, I'm always looking for healthier ways to make junky dishes.

:)
  • parker13
    parker13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love "The Looneyspoons Collection"... tasty recipes and nutritional information in a fun format!
  • Takes2long
    Options
    I love "The Looneyspoons Collection"... tasty recipes and nutritional information in a fun format!

Ahahaha...I have one of those, too! Bean me up Scotty! Bon Bon Jovi!
  • Weight watchers has pretty good recipes. You can access most of them for free too.
  • Takes2long
    Options

As far as cooking for myself goes, I'm always looking for healthier ways to make junky dishes.

As far as this whole weight loss thing goes...it's a lifestyle change that I'm going for. I still want poppers, and dessert, and junk. I just need to make them maybe a bit healthier :bigsmile: