Bump ???

Options
Seeing this in several post responses. Can someone please tell me what this means?

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    you can click on 'my topics' to look for stuff you've posted in. bump brings a topic to the top of the recent list, making it more likely to be seen and active, but also places it in the list of topics you've posted on. then it becomes easier to find again later.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Bump allows people to go into the "my topics" and find this topic again, we do this for many reasons. Don't have time to read it right now, lots of good info so we want to save the post. It's a lot easier to find it in my topics than on the forums.
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know the letters actually stand for something but can't remember what. but the concept is that you want to follow the thread and be able to find it agian. because if you don't write something the thread gets pushed down and you can't ever find it again. so if you ever find yourself wanting to read a thread but don't have the time you can "bump" it.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    'bumping' also brings a topic back to the top - in case you started a thread and didn't get as many responses as you would have liked. That way new people get a chance to decide not to reply :p
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Okay, so how do you do it?
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    Bump
  • ssassorossi
    Options
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    so you just type the word in your response...that's it? Thanks for the help :smile: