Hi new P90X user

Options
Hi I started P90X about 40 days ago, I have definatley noticed a difference in my muscle tone, but not so much in my weight. I figured tracking my calories would be the best way to do this. I am pretty consistent about working out 6 days a week and the program is pretty hard core. I am not so consistent about my diet, I started tracking about 2 weeks ago and stay in my calorie range but not with the right foods. I am hoping to find some dedication and motivation here. I am getting married in 2 1/2 months and would really like to lose 10 pounds by then. I know I could do it if only I were more dedicated, any advice from P90X women users would be great. I have heard weight doesn't start dropping toill the 2nd and 3rd phase.

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to track calories. I have done several rounds of P90X, and it is very intense, the key to success with that program, as with any, really, is your nutrition. Great bodies are made in the kitchen, you have to fuel your body with the right foods, protein rich, good carbs and fruit/veggies. You are right, you will not see a lot of weight loss right away with P90X, try to stay off the scale and monitor how your clothes are fitting and how you are feeling. I lost 10 pounds with P90X, then gained some back over time with muscle, my clothes are the same size now as when I was 5-6 pounds lighter. Good luck, you will certainly find lots of support here, and on the P90X message boards.

Keep pushing play!
    Stephanie
  • Stephomie
    Options
    Sorry - hit the post button twice, but since I can't put in an empty post, I'll add this...when you joined Team Beachbody, you were assigned a coach, that person cannot contact you unless you contact them first, so shoot him/her an e-mail with your questions, they should be able to provide some support, as well. I, (as well as many others on this site) am a Team Beachbody Coach, you can check out my site at www.teambeachbody.com/stephomie
  • Slactivity
    Slactivity Posts: 1
    Options
    P90X is NOT a weight loss program. It is a fitness program. The diet is just as important as the workouts.
  • Stephomie
    Options
    P90X is NOT a weight loss program. It is a fitness program. The diet is just as important as the workouts.

EXACTLY!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with Stephomie. I would also add that when you figure your nutrition level on page 5 of the guide, use your target and not your current weight. Since P90X was developed as a fitness program, and not a weight loss program, there is no calorie deficit built in. Read the nutrition guide thoroughly. It is full of important info that is key to success. Good luck!
  • alepublicity
    alepublicity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am on day 30 of P90X

I am following a different nutrition plan high on protein low in fats and carbs! I add vitamins B12 and acai-berry for energy I eat lots of vegetables and lean meat Chicken turkey and white tun, Eggs but for some reason I cant eat more than 1200 calories a day! more than that is just too much!

I have lost around 10 pounds and about 4 inches from my hips is this too much too soon????