Need a little help!:)

Any suggestions on what to do to tone up?! I'm struggling to lose any weight! I've been at it for a month watching what I eat and exercising, and now just started logging all of my food here for about 2 weeks now! I'm 5'4 and at 137 and want to be at 125 again!

:)

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Start running. Awesome cardio if you stay in that range where you're tired, but not exhausted. Try 5-7 miles per hour for 20-30 minutes per day. Always stretch before and after.
  • AnnaValek
    Also, work on your core. Do crunches, pushups, planks, etc. Research for a full range of core exercises.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    If you are a member of a gym, try a strength training classes, water aerobics or Zumba.
  • alright i'll give it a try! that's another thing.. not to much of a runner.. i try and i just can't keep going.. i can run about half a mile..

and my gym doesnt offer classes! :(
  • AnnaValek
    Yoga is epic for toning too, even though it seems low effort. You'll feel the burn at the end of a good 45 minute workout.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Try interval training, I've heard it helps burn calories a lot faster that just running at the same speed. Also add strength training to your work out. Good luck! :)
  • i've done some pilates and i loved it!
  • I really tone up on a machine at my gym. It's like a ski machine that has different resistance & inclines. Snap Fitness has one that's called a Cross Fit I think. Anything with weights; resistance machines; Zumba is a good one.
  • vaugdds
    vaugdds Posts: 6 Member
    I was where you are at just 4 weeks ago. I joined a class but we don't do anything you could not do on your own.The class is based on the P90X . We use hand weights. I use the 8lb weights to do the upper body strengthening. Then I use the 3lb weights to do my aerobics which is basically a stepping routine using a 4inch step. There are a lot of push ups an all kinds of abdominal exercises you can imagine. For the legs and buttocks think leg lifts and crunches. My favorite part is a kick boxing routine . I use 1.5 lb walking weights which wrap around my hands and mimick small boxing gloves. Basically we tone so that the increased muscle mass helps us to burn more calories. It took about 2 weeks to start seeing results. I weighed 135 on Jan 16. Today i am down to 130.
  • i think i'll be buying zumba for my wii:)
    thank you all!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    HIT is a great way to tone up
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    HIT is a great way to tone up

^^ This. I love sprint interval training. Here's a great cardio + resistance workout....and you're going to do this outside, not on a treadmill.

do 8-12 intervals of the following: (a) sprint as hard as you can, pushing from your *kitten*, for 10-20 seconds; (b) do as many reps as you can of a bodyweight exercise, alternating between upper and lower body compound exercises; and (c) rest until your heart rate drops to 120-135 range, before rocking another interval.

Do this 3x a week and not on consecutive days. Stretch your hips, hamstrings, quads and calves before sprinting.
  • thank youuu:)
    i have a problem with wanting to see results fast.. im not too patient :/