Buffet help

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
Hey guys,

Tommorow is Canada Day!!!!! Yayyyy!
So, in honor of this special day, Mandarin is offering a free buffet. My boyfriend and I are going.

Any tips to keep me under or at my cals. It is all I pretty much plan on eating for the day because apparently their selection is massive.

The only tip I have for myself is: no potatos

What are your buffet tips?

Replies

• blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    put lots of veggies on your plate before anything else. And shrimp is a great protein which is low in calories.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Watch out for the sauces.
    I've heard they are loaded with sodium.

I saw that Mandarin was giving away free dinners. They expect they'll spend $500,000.

I can just imagine what the line ups are going to be like.

Good luck.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Tommorow is Canada Day!!!!! Yayyyy!
    So, in honor of this special day, Mandarin is offering a free buffet. My boyfriend and I are going.

Any tips to keep me under or at my cals. It is all I pretty much plan on eating for the day because apparently their selection is massive.

The only tip I have for myself is: no potatos

What are your buffet tips?

I'd get in lots and lots of exercise before, AND after, and enjoy yourself at the buffet! It's not like it's an every day thing! :smile:
  • amijo08
    amijo08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Watch the meals you eat prior to going to the buffett. Eat lighter at breakfast and lunch. Try a very low calorie lunch, perhaps fresh veggies for lunch and save the bulk of your calories for dinner. This is what weight watchers always used to suggest....>Don't fill up on empty calories candy, cakes, etc.