Is anyone on the Harcombe diet?

Options
I'm starting it on Monday (always on a Monday...). Let me know if you are on it/ tried or know soneone who has!

Replies

• Lindsey_423
    Lindsey_423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    never heard of it... what is it?
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well, there is no counting calories on the Harcombe diet...so are you leaving us? Good luck and let us know how you like it!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Well, there is no counting calories on the Harcombe diet...so are you leaving us? Good luck and let us know how you like it!

You don't have to be just a calorie counter to be on this site. Food Logging is good for anyone that wants to track what they are putting in their mouth, even if your not focusing on calories.

This site, contrary to what people believe is not just for calorie counting, it is adaptable to ANY plan.

To the original poster: Good Luck with your plan.
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    never heard of it... what is it?

http://www.allaboutyou.com/diet-wellbeing/diets-Harcombe-diet-weight-loss-eating-plan/v1

Here is a link to the plan I will be following this week. There is no calorie counting but the menu plan doesn't look like it will be going over the amount MFP has set as a guide anyway.

The main points for this week will be cutting out sugar and refined items, which will be a big thing for me!
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I stand corrected. I can see your point. However, for myself, counting calories and being able to eat a variety of foods staying within a partucular range is what works. We are all on the same journey and it really doesn't matter the path we take as long as it works for us. Good luck Georgia!
  • chuckanderson
    Options
    Yeah.... no need for a diet plan at all. The reason it works is because it's under calories lol.

One of these days people will finally understand...... sigh
  • Stasia_Niuka
    Options
    I just finished phase 1 of the Harcombe Diet, and...wow! 11 lbs.

I only use MFP as a tracker and to track my exercise, and I ate only phase one foods. I set my profile to "maintain my weight" in MFP so that I could track how many calories my body needed. So you can eat all those calories, stick to the phase one foods, not exercise, and still have a terrific phase one. I'm sure it was mostly water weight as I had candida yeast overgrowth and water retention before I started, but I feel great and if the water weight stays off I think it counts. I'm excited to try phase 2!

--Emma
  • Stasia_Niuka
    Options
    Harcombe really works! I am now down 100 lbs! I am going to do phase 3 for a while and maintain. Then I'll decide if I want to switch back to phase two again and lose a little more.

I ate a LOT of food on phase 2 and was never hungry. I set MFP to "maintain" and used it as a tracker for my food and exercise, and most days I ate all my "needed calories" or more. So my results seem to have proved that counting your calories does not matter, and that a different approach like Harcombe is a better way to lose weight.

Please let me know if you try it and if you have the same great results that I did.

Warm regards,

Emma
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get this book the next time I go to the library. I like how it has a section on candida and I've been battling it for years.