Lunch Time Ideas needed???

Options
I tend to try and save calories for an evening so i can have a proper tea but am running out of ides for lunchtime at work, i generally have cuppa soup!, salad! wondered if anybody else had any ideas around 250calories or less?

Thanks in advance

:-)

Replies

• shapoe
    shapoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a Flatout flatbread wrap with low sodium oven roasted turkey (from the deli). I used 2 tablespoons of the low fat philadelphia cream cheese with onions and chives, baby spinach leaves, tomato, shredded carrots, fat free shredded cheese. It was about 270 calories. You could easily do with the shredded cheese to lower the calories. It was delicious!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Boar's Head - White American Cheese, 1 slice
    Boar's Head - All Natural Cap-Off Top Round Roast Beef, 1 oz.
    Golden's - Spicy Mustard, 1 tsp
    Pepperidge Farm - 100% Whole Wheat Bread 45 Calories, 2 slice
    Calories 245, Carbs 18, Fat 12, Protein 18, Sodium 586, Cholesterol 40

Add lettuce and tomato for a few more calories
  • srosser
    Options
    I think wraps maybe the way forward, thanks for that idea, i guess you could use lots of fillings for a wrap and still keep it low in calories and fat ect And its also quick and easy to prepare

Thanks x
  • srosser
    Options
    Ohh that sounds delicious, i need to find that bread, all bread i find here including weight watchers are around 70 kals mimimum

Thanks i will try that x
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Progresso Vegetable Classics 80-90 calories a cup
    Celery
    A piece of fruit
  • shapoe
    shapoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can add any veggie to the wrap to make it more filling and not a lot calories. I used alfalfa sprouts in mine one day. And cooked broccoli one day. It helps you get your veggies in for the day, too. The flatout bread was the whole wheat italian one. It's only 80 or 90 calories.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    healthy choice steamers frozen meals

they are good. low sodium and average one is like 200-210 cals
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Ohh that sounds delicious, i need to find that bread, all bread i find here including weight watchers are around 70 kals mimimum

Thanks i will try that x
    The bread is 45 cal a slice. Sorry but using 2 slices for a sandwich still is only what I posted above 90 cal and 17 carbs.
    But Thomas's Sahara mini pita's are 70 cal and 14 carbs and Mission - 6'' Fajita Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas are 80 cal and 12 carbs
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Sardines are loaded with Omega fish oil and are low calorie.
  • ldickie91
    Options
    Just discovered Ryvitas and love them! I have 2 slices with either reduced fat houmous and carrot sticks (271 cals) or guacamole and mexican chicken (209 cals)
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    bump...I need some too!!
  • JustLena75
    Options
    I make a sandwich out of a sandwich thin, a serving of lean meat, 1 tbsp of Miracle Whip and a boiled egg. About 270 cals and adding the egg keeps me full. I also eat cans of chicken breast meat with eggs or cheese or cottage cheese and fruit.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Thanks i will try that x

UK? Warburtons 400g wholemeal bread is I think 58 per slice, though slightly smaller than other loaves.
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/498024-lina-s-chicken-lo-mein-with-pic

This recipe looks so good. Comes in at 286 calories but it just be worth the extra 36.. I'd do some jumping jacks to make room for it
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch I'm having a salad of:

About 2 cups Caesar Salad Lite Complete Kit, (includes light dressing/croutons). (80 cals)
    Quarter cup of avocado - (60 cals)
    2oz Honey Roasted Chicken Breast Strips - (80 cals)
    About an 1/8 of red bell pepper - (6 cals)

All of that for a total of 226 cals & very filling!
  • Tejoja
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are delicious! And you can pretty much put whatever you want in them..tuna, salmon, egg..etc..I like the flavoured tuna, ie: Sundried tomato and basil..load it with extra veggies, cheese..etc..
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    I have been on a big lettuce wrap kick. They are great with hot or cold fillings. I really like them with chicken salad.
  • divinehostess
    divinehostess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This one is only 160 calories. Sweet potato curry: http://divinehostess.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/coconut-sweet-potato-curry/