SlimFast

Options
2»

Replies

• MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't know about SlimFast, but my personal trainer has asked me to start using protein shakes as a supplement. I am going to give it a try, but it seems to me this is a bit self-defeating. A packaged, processed, convenience food, by any name is still a packaged, processed, convenience food. Shouldn't i be able to get adequate nutrition from food? And am i really learning to eat better if i use protein shakes?

Any opinions?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Processed processed processed!!!!!!!!
    Have you read the list of ingredients?
    It's shocking!
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    I am in the UK and its a bit of a standing joke how fussy I am about drinks. I will eat pretty much anything but I cannot stand aftertastes from diet drinks (and some full sugar ones)

My sister gave me some leftover USN Diet Fuel (strawberry) she had and I have to say that even though I only had half a serving I was full for about 3 hours. She paid £31 for 1kg but there is a place online I have found where its £18 so I figure I may as well give it a go!

From 300ml you get 25g protein, 5g fibre and 15g carbs. I am not sure if the carbs are a little high but it has to be better than what I currently do which is skip breakfast, eat mcdonalds breakfasts OR head for the crisps.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    A simple rule is, the fewer the ingredients the better and try to avoid using produts with more than 3 ingredients that you cant pronounce.

I used it looong time ago. If you hate solid foods in the morning, you can try a milkshake or a protein shake in the morning (whole milk+couple of banana only, no sugar or nothing. Maybe the protein shake or other fruits..)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree that a healthy milkshake, protein shake or smoothie made from fresh fruit only would be a much better breakfast option if you can't face solid foods :)
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I used to use them, until I put sugar on my diary settings, just 2 shakes a day would take me well over my daily sugar allowance, I also found they gave me headaches as well as being really expensive, so now I just stick to healthy eating.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    II lost 40lbs (and have kept it off for 6yrs) drinking it along with eating healthy. I did not replace any meals with it.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    slimfast is a waste of your money! Try something with nutrients in it like Shakeology. Do your homework before buying these things :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Move beyond Slimfast and save some $$$$$$$$$$$