Top of foot pain

Options
Just a quick question on what this could be.

Lately, the top of my foot (left) has a pretty strong ache to it. It's not when I bend it to walk, but if I curl my toes, or lift it off the floor when I'm sitting, like, lift the ball of my foot so my heel is on the ground.

So it doesn't really bother me to run. And I also can't press on any location and get any pain...so I've got no idea.

I'm going to try lacing my shoes so that part of the foot as a place to breathe and is not so tight.

Anyone else have this?

Replies

• PiersonsWifey
    PiersonsWifey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually have the opposite. The bottoms of my feet (mainly bottoms of my toes) have a pain in them all the time... it started after I got into a daily workout routine. I think your idea of lacing your shoes different may work. Maybe too much pressure is being put on them from it when you workout.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Make sure the shoelaces are loose through the bridge area of your foot.
  • athensguy
    Options
    Could be due to dorsiflexion of your foot or toes when you run.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Could be due to dorsiflexion of your foot or toes when you run.

It usually starts to happen when I walk around the house bare-foot.

Although I do think that my feet are jacked up in general
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Could be extensor tendonitis. The tendons across the top of your foot get irritated. Could be from tightening your shoes to tight.
    Try a sock with a cushion on top orlace your shoes so that you skip the eye level to the pain.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    lace your shoes so that you skip the eye level to the pain.

That's what I ended up doing for a bit.
  • 44nFab
    44nFab Posts: 19
    Options
    Please post back again on how that worked for you. Sounds like I may have something similar. Thanks.
  • elarvor
    elarvor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with my left foot at the moment. I have had this before and it usually starts when I've changed from walking in heels to flats or if I've done more walking than normal.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I have asimilar problem with the top of my left foot. However, my pain only seems to happen when something (even lightly) grazes the top of the biggest vein there. Makes my toes tingle sometimes... weird.
    I actually have the opposite. The bottoms of my feet (mainly bottoms of my toes) have a pain in them all the time... it started after I got into a daily workout routine. I think your idea of lacing your shoes different may work. Maybe too much pressure is being put on them from it when you workout.
    Have you check with your doctor or a podiatrist? Could be planter fasciitis?
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have something similar, there is no pain when I press in any one area, however when I move my foot in a certain direction with pressure applied it does cause pain. I went to the podiatrist and found out that I have a pinched nerve on the top of my foot and it was very inflamed, so much so that it caused swelling around my ankle and lower muscle just above the ankle.
    The inflammation was/is bad because I waited so long to have it checked out.

The only thing they could do was give me a mole skin to put on top to cushion it from my shoe, and prescribe a topical anti inflammatory (which is specially made), and of course, ice it.