How do you add your meals?

Options
Hello everyone.

I can see how to log a meal & add a recipe on the site. But what would you do in this instance? I had tea round at my mums last night so i don't know exact weights of things.

We had 1 chicken breast stuffed with a sausage & wraooed in bacon, with goose fat roasted potatoes & carrots oh and some stuffing. followed by a lush homemade strawberry cheesecake, chocolate sauce and a small (ish) piece of treacle tart....I came away knowing I'd eaten :-)

I've kind of entered it in but don't think its right....probly not enough calories :-O

Replies

• RoofieRoof
    RoofieRoof Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any ideas???
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would try to break it down into each ingredient and estimate it as best I could.

Alternately, you can just jot down "2500 calories" and call it a day. :drinker:
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious but probably very calorific!!! : )

When I eat out or at other people's I estimate each single ingredient (as best I can) and to be on the side of caution I tend to overestimate my cals too. It's a good way of deterring myself from doing it often!!!
    E.g. for the potatoes I would add 'potatoes' (approx 185 cals) and 'goose fat' (personally I have no idea of the cals for that as I have not eaten goose fat roasted spuds since way back when) but oil is generally around 120cals per tbsp... etc

As you progress with MFP you will start to learn the calories for portions of things off by heart so you can mentally calculate the calorific values of meals when away from the database. xx