• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I always go WAY over on sugar.

Look at my ticker.
  • lisajnz
    lisajnz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who has wondered about this - I'm keeping an eye on it for now, if things stop working, that is the next thing on my list to consciously try and improve!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    technically as long as you stay under your calories it shouldn't...calories in vs calories out regardless of the makeup of those calories. As for how it affects your health that might be a different story. It all depends where your sugar is coming from...if it's processed or natural.
    I personally don't worry about my sugar intake, but I don't add sugar to anything, so all of mine comes from fresh fruit/natural juice and the occasional bit of honey (ok, so maybe i use a little palm sugar in cooking some nights).
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always go WAY over on sugar.

Look at my ticker.

Ditto. Probably not the BEST thing for my body, but I just can't help myself. PLUS if you eat a lot of fruit, you will definitely go over so I don't sweat it.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I only worry about sugar if I know it's coming from crappy food choices. Those are usually accompanied by higher calories, too. If I'm over because I'm eating 3 or 4 servings of fruit, then i don't pay it any attention. It's more about the whole picture of what I'm putting in my body.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    All depends where the sugar comes from. I used to look at my sugar but then decided not to bother.

Mainly because I like to eat fruit and eating a few pieces could make me go over, I know this isn't the bad sugar but still having it on there would make me aim to be under. I know that my sugar intake isn't that bad apart from fruit, I limit myself to sugar from "bad" sources so I don't eat much rubbish. I also look for low sugar/salt alternatives to some products like ketchup and soup.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Ok cool. Another question is, with exercise, do we burn off sugar consumed as well as calories? x
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    technically as long as you stay under your calories it shouldn't...calories in vs calories out regardless of the makeup of those calories. As for how it affects your health that might be a different story. It all depends where your sugar is coming from...if it's processed or natural

I agree with this Miss. danni, and as another poster said I ALWAYS go over my sugar and I have never had a problem losing the weight. BUT I rarely eat much processed sugar or junkie sugar and I don't even drink juice...MOST of my sugar comes from fruit sources or veggies or stuff like that....

With that being said if the question only has to deal with the losing weight component of the question than it should be ok. However, if you have diabetic issues (history) than it should be something you are concerned about.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ok cool. Another question is, with exercise, do we burn off sugar consumed as well as calories? x

***warning*** I don't know about this source but this same question was asked and this answer was given ((it makes sense)) and they backed up their answer by saying they had taken many biology classes :laugh:

yes. in a manner of speaking. you don't really burn sugar. eventually the sugars that you intake get stored as a substance called glycogen. through exercise, your body will burn through that stored glycogen. if you don't burn through that glycogen, your body will turn that glycogen into fat.

once again nobody hound me if this is wrong :bigsmile: