HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Iris1415
    Iris1415 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of WATER--not much else for hydration pre/during/after a workout. You're probably gaining water weight by how much sodium you are consuming, too. Water helps flush out all of this salt. Also, if you are getting more toned from working out, you may be building muscle. Muscle can form under fat as well... So you might be gaining muscle and then will lose fat later down the road. Just stay strong and don't give up! I know, it can be unbearably frustrating!
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    i had a heavy sodium dinner last night and am 2 pounds heavier....i know its water retention because that's the general way my body is ...and can tell because i feel like i just cant get enough water to drink...so been drinking a ton more water today...no worries just keep your water intake higher and it will release itself
  • Nik_Marie
    Options
    I would definitely try to drink more water and cut back on the sodium. However, that being said... It depends on what exercises you're doing as well. If it's all cardio, then I would definitely drink more water and eat less sodium. If your doing some strength training or using any kind of weight equipment, than part of that weight gain could be muscle because muscle weighs more than fat.
    I had a similar problem before but it turns out, I was still losing inches on both my hips and waist but I gained a few pounds so my personal trainer said it was probably because of all the weight equipment I had been using making me stronger, and he was right.
    Either way, keep at it and I'm sure you'll do great! Good Luck!
  • lexidell46
    Options
    drink a lot of water. you had a lot of sodium.
  • scook76
    Options
    Eat all your calories! Even the workout ones. You have to give your body that fuel to burn the fat. The sodium was probably a problem. How is your sugar intake? Oh and water, water, water! :) I agreee that you are probably gaining musle also. Thats a lot of working out! Maybe you should start tracking your inches instead of your pounds.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    LIke many folks said here, sodium may be part of the issue. But, also, if you're sort of "stuck" in your weight loss efforts, then you probably do need to make some adjustments to your calorie/nutrition goals. Be sure to pay attention not only to your calories, but what makes up those calories. And, although someone suggested that you eat less, I would strongly first suggest you try eating more and make it highly nutritional foods. I often find when my weight loss slows down and I'm working out hard, if I eat more - sometimes even 100-200 calories more than my goal + exercise calories, then I'll start dropping again. If that doesn't work, then maybe try eating less, to see if that's what works for you.
  • karisamh
    karisamh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas/opinins and support!! It truly means so much! I weighed my self theis am after drinking green tea and much more water than normal yesterday and was 2lbs lighter!!! Makes me feel better....Now just 45.bs to go! :)
  • Irishblue62
    Options
    Oh been there, done that! One thing I have learned is that chinese or any heavy sodium food will really do me in. Another thing, much to my chagrine, is that muscle does weigh more and it is hard to make sense of the ups and downs. I am trying very hard to keep the scale moving in one direction - down. It is hard though. So far what works best for me is: Eating 4 -6 x a day - very small portions keeping in my calorie range. Complex carbs,especially in the morning, and more vegies and protien overall. I also do notice a change in how my matabolizm works, well or poorly, depending on my water intake. Hope this helps. Hang in there. Today is a new day!!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If your at 1500 and working out sometimes 3x a day, burning 400 a pop, then, your deficit is way too low. Body is trying to hold onto what food it gets. 1) don't overdo the exercise and 2) eat back your cals.
  • nytenurse03
    nytenurse03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely the sodium. Make sure you cut back on sodium because it causes water retention. If you don't and and you try to flush by drinking water you will just retain water. The most important thing is to cut back on the sodium.