Hi...Struggling For Years...

Options
Hi, My name is Julie. I'm 27 years old, and Ive been struggling for years to lose weight. I've been overweight since I was 11. That's when it started anyway. Part of it's been will power and the lack thereof, laziness of course (but who doesn't suffer from that). I am hoping that this site will help keep me on track. Ive started exercising as of yesterday, but been dieting forever. Or so it seems. >.>

Anyway, Just wanted to say Hi. And I hope to meet some others here that like me have been struggling and maybe we offer support to each other.

Replies

• hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Many of us have similiar stories! This has been my first real success in 17 years! Jump in and get started!
  • hulkj
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Many of us have similiar stories! This has been my first real success in 17 years! Jump in and get started!
  • hulkj
    Options
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LovelessSoubi
    Options

I hope so. I mean I really like the food diary and exercise diary. I was starting out slow at 1.5mph for 30 mins on the treadmill but if I intend to lose weight like I want to, I have to pick it up a bit. I would like to lose around 100 lbs by this time next year. Though...that's a long way to go. lol.
  • LovelessSoubi
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

I know that I feel motivated whenever I watch a movie where the leading lady is skinny, though I am not really wanting to be quite THAT skinny, but I'd be comfortable around 145 lbs. I'm 245 right now. Ive already lost 30lbs since October but it was a struggle. But I wasnt exercising. As of yesterday I started, and I am going to try and exercise 7 days a week. If I dont and I skip one day, I'm going to keep skipping...>.>

My problem is being hungry. It's easy for me to stay motivated as long as Im not overly hungry but if I get really hungry I start to not care.

Any suggestions on how to cut hunger without eating more than I am supposed to? I drink a lot of water already...