Beginner

Options
Hi all! I am just starting myfitnesspal, and I am really hoping to lose 2 lbs per week. I am going to be in a bathing suit in 37 days - yikes!!! I am 208 right now. For the past three years I was always around 202, then let weight creep on between Halloween candy and Christmas this year... It is time to get serious. I really like the positive attitude of the people on this site. Hoping to check in at least 2 lbs thinner next week! Good luck to all of you!

Replies

• SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I started weight loss on 1st Feb, like you I was 208. Now I'm 197 in just over 3 weeks, and it hasn't been difficult - it can be done, so go for it!
  • Irishblue62
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I tried MFP last Jan?Feb but didn't stick with it. This time I started working out @ the local Y in the fall, changed my eating habits, lost some weight and then started up here again to keep me going. I am finding it very helpful! I am not losing weight as quickly as in the fall but it is steady and I feel great. I am discovering muscles and loving the ability to move better. I wish you luck on your goal and know you can do it! Maybe even more as this is new and sometimes that happens :) Keep us posted!:smile:
  • carichardson12
    Options
    Good luck to you! You can obtain your goal. I am fairly new to this site as well. I am trying to make lifestyle changes and not just "diet" somethings are easier than others to give up but I am learning more portion control. I never looked at labels before and have been so surprised at some of the foods I had been eating. Are you getting ready for a cruise or something b/c it still seems a little early for bathing suit season, lol.