Ultimate nights out/dates

Options
slay0r
slay0r Posts: 669 Member
Hey Guys & Girls,

A while back I posted a worst date ever thread. Quite possibly one of the funniest things I've read for a while but I was wondering, what are your ultimate nights. If you could have a night where you had a decent amount of money what would you do with it if you were with someone? It doesn't have to be a date..just the best night you can imagine or if you've had one you can think of please share too!

I'll probably nick a couple of ideas off you but one for me has always been:

Best Restaurant around (for that type of cuisine) I live in a city so there's a lot of options
Lots of cocktails & Champagne
A walk later on or go to see a performance
Back to a suite in a hotel to spend the full night together, massages the works etc etc!

That's just one idea anyway, I have so many! (balcony in Paris etc etc)

Replies

• leogirl724
    Options
    Wow....

well, I would have to say

a lovely meal with great conversation and lots of laughs.
    then off to an amusement park or sorts or maybe play some pool
    a lovely walk on a moonlit beach...
    then a perfect night in a lovely suite...strawberries & champagne...hot tub...massage...etc...
    &
    a sweet night's sleep... =)

*sigh
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I was in a long distance relationship. I flew her down to Miami and met her there. We drove down to Key West and spent a week on Duval Street. Tons of fun things. Beach time. We jet skied around the island. Food. Karaoke. Wine.

Sometimes it is good to just completely change things up. It is too easy to get into a rut.
  • leogirl724
    Options
    Hey Guys & Girls,

A while back I posted a worst date ever thread. Quite possibly one of the funniest things I've read for a while but I was wondering, what are your ultimate nights. If you could have a night where you had a decent amount of money what would you do with it if you were with someone? It doesn't have to be a date..just the best night you can imagine or if you've had one you can think of please share too!

I'll probably nick a couple of ideas off you but one for me has always been:

Best Restaurant around (for that type of cuisine) I live in a city so there's a lot of options
    Lots of cocktails & Champagne
    A walk later on or go to see a performance
    Back to a suite in a hotel to spend the full night together, massages the works etc etc!

That's just one idea anyway, I have so many! (balcony in Paris etc etc)
    She's a lucky girl...whoever she is...
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well I'd just like to say that I'd be more than happy to be on the receiving end of all these lovely things haha!
    But yeah, I'd love to go into London and eat out at a quirky restaurant (seen some that cater for raw lifestyles which look really interesting) followed by a show/gig/film, some walking around talking about our lives and our passions, then I'm gonna have to follow suit with the whole hotel deal. But in all honesty I'd be happy with a bog standard room as long as the company was interesting (:
    Also, I love book shops... So take me to an awesome book shop or somewhere with books then I'll be a happy lady:D

OR... Red Dwarf convention.... Nuff said.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    catching a ball at a Phils game on a fireworks night (or getting to sit in the endzone at an Eagles game)
    then getting all dressed up and going to a nice dinner
    then going to the Melting Pot for drinks and chocolate fondue :)
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sorry, double post!
  • slay0r
    Options
    Hot tub!! Good plaaaaan! Yeah sorry I forgot to add the massage in there.. magic hands n all.

That's what I mean amisnercpa, it's nice to shake it up.. people just don't expect it! There's the ultimate weekends of course but for now I was just thinking nights ^_^

Anyone else got any? Thinking of stealing them and employing them myself.
  • slay0r
    Options
    Chocolate fondue! Awesome idea.

Just had another thought..if you were out in the countryside and you wanted the ultimate day..

Go for a long walk, don't tell her where you're going.. dissapear into the countryside until you come across... a hot air balloon company (planned obv) they then take you out for a ride all alone..up into the sky with champagne and strawberries..check out the amazing views. Then go for a nice picnic or a romantic evening out together for dinner THEN the hotel etc :p Preferably like a countryside estate though rather than an actual hotel. I've got the place in my head and know it very well. It's perfection! :)
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Just had another thought..if you were out in the countryside and you wanted the ultimate day..

Go for a long walk, don't tell her where you're going.. dissapear into the countryside until you come across... a hot air balloon company (planned obv) they then take you out for a ride all alone..up into the sky with champagne and strawberries..check out the amazing views. Then go for a nice picnic or a romantic evening out together for dinner THEN the hotel etc :p Preferably like a countryside estate though rather than an actual hotel. I've got the place in my head and know it very well. It's perfection! :)

You'd have to make sure you took a camera! :D
  • slay0r
    Options
    This is true.. would definitely need a camera, I've got the song in my head and everything for that. All these new experiences to try and not enough time/money to do them in. Wish I could literally dedicate every minute/penny I had on experiences like these. They last a lifetime :)
  • leogirl724
    Options

I was just thinking of how much I love to fly...I've flown and airplane once..at dusk...AMAZING!!
    so....
    a surprise plane ride to another city....{I think I'm getting ahead of myself}
    Countryside...hmmm
    picnic ...blanket....things you can do on a blanket besides have a picnic...
    oh gosh I need to stop.

wait, one more thing...if it's an ultimate day date....I'd have to go zip lining in the rain forest and/or white water rafting....awesome!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have to say, one of the best dates I ever had was a whole day long thing. My boyfriend and I drove up to Montréal from Boston for the weekend. On our only full day in the city, we spent hours walking around and exploring. We ended up at the top of Mont Royal around midday, which was gorgeous and from there, we walked back trough the McGill area, past downtown, and spent the rest of our day around Rue Ste-Catherine et Le Vieux Port. We spent the rest of our evening watching the fireworks at the port pour la Fête du Canada. Beautiful.

Haha some French snuck in there. Ah well, it's not like it's difficult to figure out rsrsrs
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Sounds like the day I proposed to my wife (except the balloon....just gave her a ring instead :wink: )
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a really good night coming up in 2 weeks' time. I'm seeing a band that I have loved since I was 14. I'm friends with each of the members, via Facebook (yes, their legit accounts, and yes they manage them themselves), have been talking to them for about 2 years, they send me free stuff (Cd's, shirts, etc) every now and then. One of them messaged me tonight saying they are looking forward to meeting me :happy: Some of my friends who live in the same area as the band have often been invited backstage after the shows for drinks and stuff, one of them was even pulled up on stage in front of 1000's of people... So the absolute icing on the cake would be for me to hang out with them for a bit and just say thanks for the music and the memories :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • slay0r
    Options
    Hah these are awesome, guys take note that they're all loving these!
  • slay0r
    Options
    Wow....

well, I would have to say

a lovely meal with great conversation and lots of laughs.
    then off to an amusement park or sorts or maybe play some pool
    a lovely walk on a moonlit beach...
    then a perfect night in a lovely suite...strawberries & champagne...hot tub...massage...etc...
    &
    a sweet night's sleep... =)

*sigh

Wait..sleep?! Since when does that night include sleep!?
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Mom of two teenagers and a tween here - my ultimate night is dropping them each off a friends' houses, getting Chinese take-out and a movie and going home to SIT on MY couch uninterupted. My husband may join me if he's quiet.

Having said that, he and I are headed to a Lily Tomlin show in Anchorage next month - I'm sure we'll hit a steakhouse for dinner.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my fantasy date includes going to a safari in the daytime and watching the lions etc under the sun lit blue sky.

then when the sun is setting and the stars fill the sky, we stay at a nice place on a mountain overlooking the desert scenery. It is adobe style of sorts, the air is warm, and there is a hot spring with candles lit. The sky is pinkish at the trim, and a deep purple at the top. We chat, cuddle, and eat nice sweets.

i doubt this will ever happen in real life without me doing all of the arranging/footing the entire bill though. ;_; Don't get me wrong, I would love to do this for someone I love; but I just feel it will probably end up in me being used as always. I can't realistically imagine anyone planning a nice date to spend with me. :frown:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Perfect date night... meeting at the hotel, crazy hot sex followed by a nice shower together. a nice walk to dinner in a quiet restaurant with drinks and a shared dessert. walk back to the hotel and have much more passionate love-making. if only...
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Spend the day riding 4 wheelers in the mountains, a nice fire at night and maybe some smores!!