Las Vegas!

Options
So, my holiday that I have been eagerly awaiting is almost here. In 3 weeks I will be flying out to Las Vegas for my friends wedding. I am spending 10 nights in Sin City so I really need to make sure I get the best out of my time and do as much as possible. What I want to know, is have you been and what would you recommend that I do? The Grand Canyon helicopter tour is at the top of my list.

What do you suggest??

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    See a few shows - I really enjoyed the Cirque show "O".
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was raised in Vegas, you will love it
    1. Bellagio Fountains- gotta see this
    2. Downtown- (not the strip) Fremont Experiperience
    3. Any of the Cirque Du Soleil shows- they are pretty awesome
    4. Go to a club in the hotels, they are epic
    5. Shop at Bellagio or the Ceasar's Palace Forum shops
    6. Go see Hoover Dam, its pretty big (its an hour away- 1/2 day trip really)
    7. Check out other hotels, many have attractions like roller coasters, dolphins, sharks, etc...
    8. most hotels have gambling lessons, like how to play craps, roulette, etc. Learn a new game you always wanted to know
    9. Gamble- well, thats what I do
    10. the spas are world class

enjoy yourself...relax...
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Be sure and take the damn dam tour ... take in shows ... do all the tourist stuff if it is your first time there.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I heard that the show 'L.O.V.E.' is REALLY good. You have to buy tickets far in advance though usually as it is almost always sold out.

I am going to Vegas for my wedding in July. Can't wait!
  • KLK1986
    Options
    So following this thread! Fiance and I are considering going to Vegas for our bachelor/bachelorette parties and wedding.
  • Greyhawk
    Greyhawk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We went to the Chris Angel show at the Luxor, it was amazing, if your diet can be put on hold...Binion's has an amazing steak house on the upper floors....fancy mostly affordable and very romantic.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    There is so much to see just on the strip but I recommend taking a night to go to Old Vegas too - the old downtown is great! And the drinks and table limits and dinners are cheaper there. There's outdoor live entertainment and it's a fun night out.

Friends and family bungeed off the Stratosphere and raved about it - so if you aren't chicken like me that's something to do that won't be forgotten!

Go see a Cirque show - but NOT Zumanity - that was just aweful!

Have fun! I love Las Vegas, we go every year, but I can't take more than 4 days at a time lol :drinker:
  • daisyklk16
    Options
    I just came back two weeks ago. WEAR COMFY SHOES! There is lots and lots of walking to do in Vegas and everything is not as close as you think it is. I walked around in uggs and flip flops the whole time and I ended up straining the outer part of my left foot right below my ankle due to excessive pressure. =( I was limping around the last two days I was there and my foot is still not fully recovered.
  • JLKCullen
    Options
    Zumanity was amazing :) as long as you are ok with nudity. My husband and I really enjoyed it. Vegas is amazing you will love it!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Zumanity was amazing :) as long as you are ok with nudity. My husband and I really enjoyed it. Vegas is amazing you will love it!

LOL - my husband and I both HATED it! And I'm fine with nudity - in fact I don't recall much nudity? So it couldn't have been much. Adult content yes but we thought it blew compared to other cirque shows. Eh to each their own!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Rent a car! The parking will be free and will give you the opportunity to really see the area. There are great restaurants off the strip that will cost you half the price. Since everybody else will talk about the tourist items, I'll stick to the off the strip stuff:

- Summerlin for dining. There are too many great restaurants to name.
    - Las Vegas Outlet Mall - Just north of the strip.
    - Red Rock - hiking trails, great views of the Vegas skyline.
    - The mountains - Great hiking trails and this time of year, they may even have some snow up there (not for skiing, but still nice scenery).
    - Lake Las Vegas - A nice small lake with neat shops and cafes (can be the second half of your Hoover Dam trip).

Enjoy!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I was raised in Vegas, you will love it
    1. Bellagio Fountains- gotta see this
    2. Downtown- (not the strip) Fremont Experiperience
    3. Any of the Cirque Du Soleil shows- they are pretty awesome
    4. Go to a club in the hotels, they are epic
    5. Shop at Bellagio or the Ceasar's Palace Forum shops
    6. Go see Hoover Dam, its pretty big (its an hour away- 1/2 day trip really)
    7. Check out other hotels, many have attractions like roller coasters, dolphins, sharks, etc...
    8. most hotels have gambling lessons, like how to play craps, roulette, etc. Learn a new game you always wanted to know
    9. Gamble- well, thats what I do
    10. the spas are world class

enjoy yourself...relax...

THIS.. wow with 10 days you could do anything!!!!!