IS WALKING ENOUGH?

Options
124»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I walk 5 miles a day, as I can't aford a gym right now and I have lost inches and weight!!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 50 lbs doing nothing but walking. I have taken up other exercise programs only because the weather right now doesn't allow me to get in the walks that I need. As soon as weather clears I will be back out walking.:wink:
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Walking is how I started!! I walked for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week just to get moving! Eventually, walking turned to into running! Something I thought I could NEVER do because of my weight!

You could also buy some free weights and try an at home strength training video. My friend loves Tracey Anderson. I got my 5 lb weights at 5 and below! They also sell 1 lb, 2 lb and 3 lb weights also!

Best of luck to you and keep on walking! :)
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    well its working for me so I would say yes to that
  • Meiplé
    Options
    so glad i read this thread. i also have around 100 lbs to lose and whilst i can do other exercises, i do feel like walking is very straight forward for me and glad to hear others have lost weight doing this
  • CAN_DO
    CAN_DO Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    walking is most of my excercise - tell me everyone - how long do you walk for a day?