Weight Lost and communication

Options
Tiffa0909
Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
I'm taking a psychology of communication class and we are touching the characteristic of good communication and what needs to happen for there to be an effective communication.

And one of the things that are mention is that if we don't have a good image of ourselves , our communication won't be a correct one.

Do any of you feel that as you lose weight the way you communicate has improve ?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more confident, so I communicate more effectively because I feel better about myself.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I reckon we a generally happier with ourselves over the time losing and therefore a happier mindset too :)
  • _Needlesedge
    _Needlesedge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You know what I never really thought about this until now but I was once a very confident and sociable person but as the weight went on and I started to not feel as good about myself as I have in the past my ability to socialize started to suffer and I eventually lost an semblance of a social life and I also started to lose the ability to correctly express myself. So I tend to agree that they way we feel about ourselves definitely affects the way we communicate and how effective it is.