The scale isn't telling me what my clothes are

Options
Damn that stupid scale! I know, I know... when the scale doesn't move (much) but you feel fitter and leaner, that's muscle building. But it can be quite the bummer when its telling you "nope, not a single ounce today" because you can't help but weigh yourself constantly, trying to validate that your workouts are working... are they working? They have to be working... right? Not to mention, weighing oneself seems to be the norm in measuring how well you're doing in achieving your target weight (there it is again!) :grumble:

But so far, 2 weeks into MFP and 1 month plus of actually getting off my bum and doing something about wanting to lose... I mean wanting to get in shape, I've found myself surprisingly fitting into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes! (number 3 is 4 months this 28th) Woohoo! ... albeit a little snugly but we are getting there, I can feel it!

Still, I can't help hopping onto that scale everyday (just to check). :blushing:

Replies

• AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away dear! If you're fitting into your pre pregnancy clothes already then you're doing brilliantly! Measure yourself instead, you'll be more impressed. =)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. I started exercising and eating better and am in the Biggest Loser Challenge at work. I have been losing on average 3.8lbs every 2 weeks...this weigh in I'm down .8lbs, but I've lost a pant size! I know that muscle weighs more but it can be discouraging when the scale wont' budge!
  • TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The changes you can feel and see are more important than that little number on the scale.
  • brookerC2
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week, same day, same time. I find myself obsessing over the number if I do step on the scale more often. I'm not dropping big numbers every week but I can feel the change in my body from the excercising. Clothes are fitting WAY better!! I'm down 11 lbs since 1/1/12. I stick to my calorie intake and make sure I'm excercising 5 days a week.
  • jewels7683
    jewels7683 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was feeling this very same way yesterday. I know I am making progress because my clothes fit better and some are even too lose to wear anymore. I have decided that I am only going to weigh myself once a week so I don't continuely get discouraged that the scale amount didn't move. If your body is changing, that is the most important part!