ZUMBA

Options
I am starting Zumba tonight, has anyone else been doing it and found it has helped with weight loss please?

Replies

• angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well hope this helps, I started back on mfp on 1/3/12..Since then I have been doing Zumba 2 for wii, sometimes Zumba 1 for wii, and I did do 20 days straight of 30 day shred(which I only lost inches on shred), and have lost a total of 17lbs...Zumba is a great workout for me and has worked well so far:drinker: Hope it goes well for u:flowerforyou:
  • soomiles
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks very much Angie, I am hopeful that it will get me motivated and be fun at the same time!

Very well done on your weight loss so far and keep up the good work. :happy:
  • sallunia
    sallunia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How do you log in Zumba in your diary?
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well hope this helps, I started back on mfp on 1/3/12..Since then I have been doing Zumba 2 for wii, sometimes Zumba 1 for wii, and I did do 20 days straight of 30 day shred(which I only lost inches on shred), and have lost a total of 17lbs...Zumba is a great workout for me and has worked well so far:drinker: Hope it goes well for u:flowerforyou:

I've been wanting to try Zumba for the Wii. I've been doing Just Dance which is a great work out but I'm getting a little burnt out on it.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I started going to Zumba classes about a month ago. It is not my only cardio workout, but I do it 2x a week for an hour. In one months time I lost 14 lbs. I am a bigger gal, so it takes alot to get this body moving, but I think that it is a lot of fun and I am getting a good workout! Enjoy it!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week! I was about to die after about 20 minutes but I kept going. I took one song break. I needs a drink and my bra needed an adjustment. Other than that, I kept going the full hour. I felt and looked like a boiled lobster but as far as workouts go, the moves were pretty fun. I'm anti-exercise but I'm going again on Friday. I know it will get easier.
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great for those of us that do not get a chance to go out enjoy.
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

It's not in the exercise database - but there is a calculator here www.zumbacalories.com/
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is best to get a heart rate monitor. Zumbacalories.com was way overestimating how many calories I was burning!!! You can add your own exercises in the database so you just add Zumba, the length of time you were at it, and how many calories you burned - easy!

I love Zumba - have been going for at least 9 months. I can see a big change in my endurance!! I used to go just once a week. Since the beginning of the year, I have started going 3 times a week. It is a lot of fun and great exercise!!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun and can be a great weight loss tool. I do it and love it. The calorie burn really depends on the intensity the instructor goes at. I have burned as low as 150 calories to 600 calories in a 45 minute class.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try Zumba for the Wii. I've been doing Just Dance which is a great work out but I'm getting a little burnt out on it.
    [/quote]

I have Just Dance 1&2, and I like those, but ever since I got Zumba 2 for xmas, I haven't even thought about Just Dance....Zumba just keeps my heart rate up the whole time I'm exercising, and it is tons of fun...Plus u don't have to hold the wii remote, which is a big YAY!!! If u get it, hope u :heart: it:wink:
  • sallunia
    sallunia Posts: 16 Member
    Options

It's not in the exercise database - but there is a calculator here www.zumbacalories.com/

THANKS! :-)
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!! I think I'll go rent it from the Redbox to try it out today :)
  • kcoftx
    Options
    I dont have a HRM. I went to Zumba Calories and put in a low estimate. I put in 500 calories. Is this over estimating?
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    i have zumba for wii just got it yesterday and i know its only two day but ive stuck by three 20 min classes both days and it burns like 500 calories for an hour,,,,,im not in fit enough to do a straight hour so i break it up
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Went to Zumba 2-3x a week after my second child and saw results pretty quick! Lost a lot of the preg. weight and toned up a lot AND it was about the only thing to inspire me to work out in the beginning. :) PLUS, you learn some sassy moves. *wink, wink*
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    prior to zumba i weighed in at 208.8 and after hard work i am now down to 160!! I became a zumba instructor just last week and taught my first class tonight!!! give it a try!!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1 year of Zumba and MFP you will find this girl 62pounds lighter! Hopefully 63 pounds lighter tomorrow! I love it and recomend anyone take at least 3 classes you'll be hooked!
  • EllaMaeK
    EllaMaeK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just got it and I love it!!! My legs were sore the next day...can't wait to make it an everyday routine!
  • kcoftx
    Options
    i have zumba for wii just got it yesterday and i know its only two day but ive stuck by three 20 min classes both days and it burns like 500 calories for an hour,,,,,im not in fit enough to do a straight hour so i break it up

I went to the class and I'm too embarrassed to leave mid-way so even though I'm dying half way through it, it makes me stick through the whole thing. This is my second day. I did better than my first. It's nice that they break up for a minute between songs to switch out. It's long enough to grab my bottle of water for a swig and wipe the sweat before the next set. That helped! Don't misunderstand. I was red by the end and definitely sweaty but it was an improvement with the water. I went through about 4 cups of water DURING the hour.