After Dinner Binge

Options
Who has the problem of binging after dinner and what do you do to help control that urge? I do great all day and evenings are a disaster!

Replies

• racmered
    racmered Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love eating at night. There is something about being in bed in fron of the tv having a entire bag of candy that makes me happy. But the extra twenty pounds i put on isnt making me so happy. So I have begin buying dole frozen fruit bars. They rack in about 140 calories and are a grat way to feel like your splurging. i have also tried 100 calorie popcorn bag which has a great source of fiber. If your looking for a way to cut out all nighttime eating then i would sugest rewording your self for the nights yoiu dont eat at night. good luck and i hope i helped !
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try to eat lower calorie foods during the day. Then if you have something at night it won't kill your day.
    I always save calories for night time eating. I have low fat popcorn and grapes almost every night.
    Enter your foods the day before and try to find healthier versions so you can eat more.
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For me they key is to stay busy. If I just lay around and watch TV, I have a very hard time not eating anything. So I stay busy in the evenings, jewelry making and knitting are two things that I love. Maybe take up a hobby to keep your mind off food?
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know! I'm the same way. I'll eat dinner and then of course I have to have a snack before bed, even though I know I shoudn't!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating before bed or after dinner.
    Have something pre made or selected and stick to it.

I eat about 400+ calories of cereal every night before bed.
    I'm losing inches of fat!
  • pixieq
    pixieq Posts: 16
    Options
    I started beading to keep my hands busy while I watch tv at night.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I had this problem, and it really started bugging me in December. I started logging my binges in advance, usually that morning (I named that section WTF!)- which had 2 benefits: I could make good, but still indulgent choices for my after dinner snacking which could still be quite substantial; and the other advantage was during the day; if I wanted to eat something but knew it would leave me with little calories, I would subtract things out of my WTF section. It became like an extra calorie "bank" and made snacks during the day even more calculated (Are those crackers worth my frozen yogurt I wanted to have tonight?). I would also drink tea whenever I felt peckish, and got some really exciting teas (cherry, rose hip, vanilla rooibus, oolong) which were fun and more exciting than the standard green tea solution to peckishness.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    il admit to the after dinner binge! uncontrollable for me, I try and binge on homemade flapjacks! at least I know whats gone into them.
  • GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I need to be determined and strong!