Sick and discouraged!

Options
This is the start of my third week of dieting. The first week I lost 7lbs and now in the last 1.5 weeks I only lost 0.5lbs! What is wrong? I have been very consistent on my diet. Now I am sick...ugh. So no exercise for me. Fever, chills...great. What can I do to get healty and start losing again? HELP!

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is the start of my third week of dieting. The first week I lost 7lbs and now in the last 1.5 weeks I only lost 0.5lbs! What is wrong? I have been very consistent on my diet. Now I am sick...ugh. So no exercise for me. Fever, chills...great. What can I do to get healty and start losing again? HELP!

encourage yourself again.
    Count your calories more precisely. Try to use electronic scale.

Put 1 1/2 lbs per week weight loss regime. make sure you update your weight in settings.

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

use that to help you

Dont worry about scale. you will never experience linear weight loss.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

OP how much do you weigh?
    How tall are you?
    How many times do you work out?
    How much do you eat daily?
  • mlucarelli74
    mlucarelli74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'8
    205 lbs
    work out 3 x weekly
    Eat 1200-1400 calories daily.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking lots of water? Give your body adjustment time!
  • mlucarelli74
    mlucarelli74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to work on the fluid intake. Water is all I drink, but only about 3 glasses a day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    5'8
    205 lbs
    work out 3 x weekly
    Eat 1200-1400 calories daily.

A quick basic run down of numbers shows that at a base level you dont eat enough.
    Even at sedentary (sick in bed) you dont eat enough.

Here are the numbers without body fat or waist measurements.
    If I had those i'd do a full rundown!

BMR 1667 so eating 1200-1400 will cause the body to store most nutrients as fat for fuel. The human body has vital organs and the amount of calories those organs need to function, while comatose, is called BMR.
    Eating below BMR causes metabolic slowdown and can cause the maintenance and or growth of fat.
    Believe it or not, a huge % of overweight people dont eat enough!

TDEE 2001 this is maintenance and also 1 calorie over FDA recommended dietary numbers.
    All nutrition labels are based off 2k cal diet.
    Eating above this number will gain you weight.
    Depending on what you eat and what you do before and after you eat will determine where those nutrients are partitioned and sent, fat or muscle.

So for someone in your situation where you dont feel good and cannot workout because of energy, you would still have to eat the basic amount of food for vital organ function...1667. Thats IF you stay in bed and do absolutely nothing at all.

For better fat loss at sedentary set MFP to 1700 cals.
    Protein and Fats should be at 30% each unless you have kidney issues.

Once you are back on your feet and move up to working out 3-5 times a week...
    Eat 2000 cals a day with the same macro breakdown and youll only lose fat as long as you are lifting weights.

PM me if you have any questions.

With Body fat% and waist measurements I can fine tune numbers but this is very accurate for a woman your age and size.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First start with a positive attitude. You will fluctuate on amount of weight lost each week. What are you eating? You may be getting to much of a protein/carb/fat. Also if you are not eating your calories you will also stall any weight loss. And of course make sure you are drinking plenty of water.