My first success post - pics included

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I started MFP at the beginning of May 2011. It's slow going for me, due to PCOS and Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but it is coming off, just slowly. I'm averaging around 1 lb. a week. I'm now 9 lbs away from my first big goal and should reach that within a couple more months. After that, I'll set a new goal. I am currently at a weight that I wasn't sure I'd ever get to (and have never been at before as a healthy adult). I've lost 43 lbs in total, as of this morning. I've gone down nearly 3 sizes and no longer shop in the plus size section. I'm working out more than I ever have before and oddly haven't had the issue with tendonitis that I used to always have while working out.

Driver's license compare (this was 8 to 10 lbs. ago)
DL-Compare-S.jpg

Another face compare:
Finns-Baby-Shower-1-8-11-11-S.jpgi-7LFTm4s-S.jpg

A full length compare (not the best before photos though). One before was at my baby shower last January, but I was NOT pregnant. My kids are adopted. The other before is the day we came home from Korea with our youngest son, in February 2011.
Finns-Baby-Shower-1-8-11-14-S.jpgi-dhgHSQv-S.jpgi-DJ68xDv-S.jpg

Replies

• blessmy5
    Options
    WOW - you look fantastic! Congratulations. Keep up the good work girl.
  • charlieduc
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference! Way to go! Good luck on reaching your first mini goal! You can do it!
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job! keep up the good work!!
    15146268.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work. You look beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You are making really excellent progress. Thanks for posting. It's always inspiring to see other people's success.
  • jeka7654
    jeka7654 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep it up and thank you for sharing! :smile:
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job! I have a friend with PCOS and it's been very difficult for her so thumbs up to you for pushing through it!
  • livingaloha
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome! I can really see the difference, what an inspiration you are! Also your baby is adorable, I bet you are an awesome mommy!
  • sassparilla77
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Slow & steady wins the race..
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! :)
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!:smile:
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    You look GREAT! I have PCOS as well, so I know how slow going it is. It literally takes forever to come off but you are proof that women with PCOS CAN lose the weight. You're doing a fantastic job. Keep up the great work =)
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Your hard work really shows, and that dress is really pretty. Fantastic job! :drinker:
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I think baby Finn is adorable too.

Here are the three amigos from last September:

Three-Amigos-10-23-11-L.jpg
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU LOST MORE LBS THAN THAT!
  • nesskehoe
    nesskehoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing amazing.

My best friend has asked me to be maid of honor for her wedding in April 2013 so I started back exercising last week. Giving myself plenty of time to lose the weight.
  • GrammyDiane
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes - on your weight loss, your exercise routines, and your adoption! Perseverance pays off! Keep up the good work. You look fantastic!! :-)
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Great job, thanks for posting, you have helped me keep moving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!