Help- Breastfeeding Moms Please Read!

Options
Hi there! I'm EBF my 6WO and started working out about a week ago. I have heard so many people speak so highly of whey protein and other suppliments/bars. If you are a breastfeeding Mom what do you take before or after a work out- if anything (including drinks, protein/meal replacement bars, etc.)? I want to make sure anything I take will be ok for my little guy and if there is anything besides my prenatal (and tons of water of course) I should be consuming. Also how do you use MFP with breastfeeding as far as calories go? I have mine set at 1200/day for a goal of 2 pounds per week. I eat my calories including those if I work out. Just curious as to how other BF Mommas are using MFP and what they are taking with working out. Feel free to add me!

Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• aapayette
    aapayette Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As far as calories go, if you search breastfeeding where you would search for food it gives you some options that would add an extra 500 calories, plus give you more protein, carbs, and fats. Thats what I do, and I make sure to always eat my breastfeeding calories back.