Let's get back on it TOGETHER

Options
Hi all. I have been using MFP since APril 2011 and I have loved every second of it. Without MFP I would not have come as far as I have on my fitness and health goals. However, the last 3 months have been rough for me with respect to healthy eating and exercise. I think I really fell off around the holidays (no surprise there). Another problem was that I made it down to only 2lbs from my "goal weight" (which really is just a number since I was happy with my body by that point) and then slacked off because I was content with my appearance. Unfortunately, I have gained a few lbs back and notice I am already losing some tone and strength. This makes me :sad:

I am aware that a few of my wonderful MFP friends have been struggling as well and so I decided to write this post so that we can all be reminded to support, encourage, and motivate one another when we struggle to stay on track. You are all awesome friends and very capable of meeting all of your goals, inside and outside the world of MFP.

Here are some motivational quotes to help us all get back on it TOGETHER! :flowerforyou: :heart:

"The finish line is just the beginning of a whole new race". -Unknown

"Strive for progress, not perfection". -Unknown

"It's never too late to become what you might have been". -George Elliot

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started". -Mark Twain

"You are one workout away from a good mood". -Unknown

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's never too late...thanks, twin!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. We can do eet!
  • meaneyz
    meaneyz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What a positive and motivating message! Together we CAN do this!!!:happy:
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    YES!! i think the holidays were the beginning of the end for me too. I'm still exercising, but my diet is a MESS! Trying to turn this boat around is really hard....
  • leighllf
    Options
    I feel the same way! Last year I was so disciplined and motivated and this year has been so hard to "get to work" . I am up in my weight too. My jeans are snug and I REFUSE to go back up a size!

I am working out about 3-4 times a week, but my diet is all over the place. It is harder now, that I have a 3 boys and we eat alot of crock pot meals that I find are hard to calorie count with.

Thanks for the motvation and lets get back on track together~!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I just posted something like this :). add me I am trying to meet my goal again but in a diff. way. I am 5'2 124lbs trying to get lean :).... My husband and I have a race if we both meet our goal by April 26th our wedding anniversary then he gets whatever he wants and I get to go shopping :)...