workout/eat ??

Options
a friend of mine who used to be a personal trainer at a gym once gave me the advice to not eat for an hour after I've workout because I'm still burning calories for that hour.

So, I've been following that... buttt...

I workout as soon as I wake up in the morning before I eat or do anything else.. my problem is that I start getting supppperrrr hungry like a half hour after I'm done working out.

Is what he told me true or is it OK if I eat breakfast. I know breakfast is important and sometimes if I sleep in late, I dont get to my breakfast until 10:30 some days. I know that breakfast is very vital to weightloss and whatnot so I need some advice/help/opinions please :tongue:

Replies

• heygirl1954
    Options
    I usually have a banana or oatmeal after my morning workout. I also am sooo hungry after..
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    There was another thread out there where someone asked if they should eat before they worked out first thing in the morning. I think the general answer was you should eat something light instead of working out on a completely empty stomach. I wish I remembered what the thread was called so I could have you find it to read it and help you out. But there were a lot of people who seemed to have done their research on the topic and knew the reason why you should eat something before working out.

Sorry I can't be more help.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it is good to eat a little bit of something, especially protein, before your workout...NOT RIGHT BEFORE or it could make you sick....
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    I found the thread!!! It's found on the Fitness & Exercise message board and it's called to eat or not to eat...or something along those lines. Should be helpfull with your question.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    just because you eat after a workout doesn't mean you stop burning calories. That's as ridiculous as saying not to eat before a workout because you burn more calories on an empty stomach. Seriously, think about it for a minute.
  • charles9029
    Options
    i heard the exact opposite. I have a friend whos a trainer and he always advises to eat directly after you workout, especially within the hour.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    That's what I read on body building sites, and that you should eat a mix of protein/good carbs within 30 minutes of working out.

http://stronglifts.com/fat-loss-101-how-to-lose-fat-fast-with-free-fat-loss-diets/