Just Joined!

Options
Hi, I am new to trhis site and calorie counting. Hoping to lose weight, get in shape and feel great! I have about 25 lbs to lose. I don't like to workout at all. That is my main struggle...:ohwell:

Replies

• nikkisa10
    nikkisa10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is my 2nd week on the site so I'm a newbie too....start by being active on message boards and maybe blog about your day....also i don't really like working out but I know how I want to look so I stay focused on my end goal and that makes the workouts tolerable....u can also find an activity you like (dancing, walking, skating, etc) and do that to start...just move & eat less...friend me if you'd like :)
  • courtneyraquelx3
    Options
    I don't really like to workout either, but I do love to dance! I have all sorts of dancing games for my Wii and Xbox Kinect. I also have a Biggest Loser game for the Wii. Just think of activities you like to do and do them for a long period of time! You can use the Exercise Tab under Database to figure out how many calories you are burning with these activities. The database also has loads of ideas for exercise activities! I am looking to lose 15-20 pounds so I have around the same goals as you! Hope this helps. Good luck and feel free to add me! :) This site is so much better with many friends so you can see what they are doing to lose weight and it helps you stay motivated!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined mfp this week and am looking to lose about 40 pounds (ideally 50, but will be thrilled with 40!). I have made a commitment to myself to eat healthy, work out, and change my current lifestyle. Looking for people to support and be supported by. Feel free to add me!
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm with you on the workouts, I really have to force myself sometimes. (I'm actually sitting here on the computer when I should be working out right now) The site is great for calorie counting and motivation, and I will exercise as soon as I'm done here, reluctantly, but I'll get it done! ;) Good Luck, and feel free to friend me, maybe we could motivate each other!
  • prose58
    Options
    I only joined last week and already I like it so I can see exactly how many calories I eat.
    I am doing a program called Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone. She has many DVD's out.
    I am using walk your belly flat. It sounds easy but even though I walk everyday it is not the same. 15 minutes is one mile.
    When I was able to dance I lost a lot. Exercise needs to be fun not a drudge.
    Good luck and we are all here to encourage one another.
  • nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I love to workout, mostly cardio, but my struggle is the food, I do love to eat. Using the calorie/carb counter has helped me out a lot. Good luck :)

4164306.png
  • twagener1
    twagener1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey- I am new too and don't love exercise but do love to just walk. I recommend getting a Fitbit to count all your daily activity. I have two kids and am always cleaning up after them and chasing them somewhere and you would be surprised at how many steps can be added in a day just doing daily things. Also, when the fitbit syncs with MFP, you get more calories to eat if as you are more active. I love getting more calories to eat late in the day! Friend me if you want. i can tell you more about it (or check the forums).