Other than 30 Day Shred, what Jillian Michaels workout would

Options
I am half-way through the 30 Day Shred and I like the results that I am seeing. I want to do something different when this 30 days is up but want to continue to see results or at least maintain the results that I have from this workout. P.S. Up until now, most of my exercise was just walking and light jogging.

Things I like about it: It's only 20 minutes, so even though it is hell for 20 minutes, it is do-able. It is working for me.

Things I would like to improve on: abs and glutes. Legs/arms are pretty toned now.

Was thinking either the 6 week abs or the trouble zones. But I am kind of afraid of the trouble zones because that is one hour of intensity. LOL. I will admit it....I want to work out and see the results but there is a big part of me that is lazy still.

Go ahead and let it rip if you must. Just being honest. :)

I am not sold only on Jillian Michaels, but hers is the first DVD that I have ever done where I actually saw results. So if you think someone is better I am willing to listen.

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Oh, the one thing I hate about it really is that it puts a lot of strain on my knees. I realize this might be that I am doing some of the moves wrong, but I am trying hard to do it like they do it in the video.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Try Ripped in 30, it's less than 30 minutes and very similar to the Shred but there are 4 levels!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did No More Trouble Zones for the first time yesterday and there is not a muscle on my body that does not ache today! Its a great weight workout. And it works everything!!! I finished 30DS on saturday with great results. I also did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism on Monday and WHEW that was a workout. I am rotating 30DS (with 45mins of Zumba Wii), BFBM, and NMTZ now. Working something different every day.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i'm going to try ripped in 30 next. I am in level 2 on the shred right now and i like it also b/c it is short! somedays that is all i can get in or have energy for!!! so a 27 min workout is better then nothing.. i am going to start it for april..
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I did No More Trouble Zones for the first time yesterday and there is not a muscle on my body that does not ache today! Its a great weight workout. And it works everything!!! I finished 30DS on saturday with great results. I also did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism on Monday and WHEW that was a workout. I am rotating 30DS (with 45mins of Zumba Wii), BFBM, and NMTZ now. Working something different every day.

how long are those 2 other dvd's?
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you are bothered by your knees then No more trouble zones is better then Ripped, since it does not have any cardio in it. On the other hand there are a lot of pendelum lunges but you can always modify. I know NMTZ is long in comparison with 30 DS and its a bit of a transition but you can always start with just doing the first three or four circuits and build up from there.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options

how long are those 2 other dvd's?

Around an hour each with warm up and cool down but it goes by really fast for me!
  • FloraLyons
    FloraLyons Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into the JM 6 pack in 6 weeks, and I already see results.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I like her Biggest Winner series, it's been awhile since I have done it so I cannot remember if it is hard on the knees or not. It's an older series and she's brasher in it (totally rags on her people. Cracks me up!) but a dang good workout!
  • lalavogl
    Options
    I have Bob Harpers workout dvds as well as Jillian's. His are great too! I like to mix it up.
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    6 week six pack! LOVE IT!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The great thing about the NMTZ one is you can pick which circuits you want to do if you don't have time for the whole thing. My other favorites of hers are the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and old school Jillian Cardio Kickbox (look for Biggest Winner workout on Amazon).

ETA: I got this guide for NMTZ off Amazon.com - it comes in really handy!

Warmup: Basic marching in place, jumping rope (no rope needed), arm circles, skaters (simulate speed skating) and jumping jacks. Then you repeat the entire sequence for a complete five minutes.

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
    - Squat with Shoulder Press
    - Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
    - Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
    - Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
    - Chest Press with a Crunch
    - Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
    - Bicycle Crunches
    - Squirms
    - PushUp

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
    - Deadlift with Hammer Curl
    - Static Squat with Concentration Curl
    - Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
    - Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
    - Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
    - Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
    - Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
    - Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #5- Core
    - Double Crunches
    - Twisting Plank
    - Plank with ToeTaps (repeat with other leg)
    - Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)

Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
    - Plank with Back Rows
    - Superman
    - Scissor Kicks
    - Pelvic Thrusts (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
    - Side Plank
    - Side Lying Leg Raise
    - Inner Thigh Raise
    - Donkey Kicks
    - Fire Hydrant with Kick

Then relax with a nice cooldown.
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I moved up to Trouble zones...and love it...it is more intense, but I hurt within an hour of working out!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • oceanamy2287
    oceanamy2287 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love "No More Trouble Zones". It's less "cardio-y" and definitely hits all the troule areas!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am probably a bit too into the Jillian Michaels workouts. I use a variety of her dvds from Yoga Meltdown, 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, 6 Week 6 Pack, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, & Killer Buns and Thighs. I will be starting her Ripped in 30 on March 1st. Really looking forward to the challenge and the results.

I know some people don't like her style and everybody is entitled to their own opinions but for me her dvds give me great results, a workout I look forward to doing and a variety that allows me to choose my intensity and/or the amount of time I workout.
  • tangerine81
    Options
    ive had NMTZ for ages and im too scared to try it too! Jillian is always quite good and putting a beginners modifier in though so maybe we should stop being scaredy cats!

I LOVE 30DS and BFBM

Extreme Shed and Shred is also great - 2 levels 30 mins each. She says to try and do them back to back - i say yeah right dream on!

Ripped in 30 is same layout as 30DS but not as hard i dont think - i have only done week 1 however.

Like others have said there is 6 week 6 pack and also Killer Buns and Thighs but ive not tried either of those yet.
  • mslack01
    Options
    If you are bothered by your knees then No more trouble zones is better then Ripped, since it does not have any cardio in it. On the other hand there are a lot of pendelum lunges but you can always modify. I know NMTZ is long in comparison with 30 DS and its a bit of a transition but you can always start with just doing the first three or four circuits and build up from there.

I think the lunges is where I might have done something wrong and hurt my knees. I was trying the couch to 5k before that and my knees never bothered me. When I was running it was always my feet that hurt. I guess I am just getting old. I did start take a glucosamine supplement a few days ago and that is helping some. Maybe once I get used to that my knees won't hurt anymore.
  • holbrook23
    holbrook23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention if you have netflix you can get most of Jillians videos on it. Great way to try them out and decide if they work for you.
  • mslack01
    Options
    Thanks! I really like that you can divide it up. Maybe I will try that.