:'( OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do I do this to myself every sing

Options
WHY THE HECK DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF EVERY SINGLE DAY???? Every day I change my mind...one day I think okay this is it I am doing low carb it will work and I won't have to count calories but I will have to cut out things I love then I get to work eat my low carb breakfast from Krystals and think NOPE this is not for me I feel sick now and what the heck am I gonna eat for lunch now? Will this low carb even work or should I just count calories and eat whatever I want and just keep it under my calorie amount for the day?? I SWEAR Y'ALL I DO THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Obviously I am getting NOWHERE and still soooooooo :( does food have this much of a hold on me?? I just cannot focus on one WOE and I am still exactly where I was a year ago...wishing I was'nt where I am and dreading summer and miserable out of my mind...............

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    pick one approach (MFP is ok too) and stick with it for 30 days to get adjusted. Whether its low carb or whatever...do it 30 days and then reassess
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    make sure your goals are reasonable, not overwhelming. baby steps
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    pick one approach (MFP is ok too) and stick with it for 30 days to get adjusted. Whether its low carb or whatever...do it 30 days and then reassess

and this
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    Agree use MFP religiously for 30 days, exercise. Remember you can eat anything you want, it just has to be in moderation and fit within our given calories and exercise levels. You can do this!
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! Though I usually give it a few weeks before I decide that it's a bad idea or not. We just tried to do the Forks over Knives diet (basically vegan with no oil) and lasted about two weeks before we realized that it did not fit our lifestyle. The only thing that has ever really worked and fit in our lifestyle is counting calories and not saying you can't have anything. You can eat anything, just moderation and deciding if you REALLY want it or if it's just a habit of eating it.

You can figure this out :) Good Luck!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You are looking for quick results......patience.
  • Herntere
    Herntere Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I work in an office also and there is always food here. And we order out everyday for lunch. But I just do my calorie count for the day and it seems to work for me.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Read the book Coach yourself thin and see it is really a good book to start the weightloss process.No fad diet, no crazy exercise routine.
  • Jlpeil
    Options
    The numbers do not lie, using MFP really will work for you! We know you can do it!

13506394.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I signed up a year ago and lost/gained the same 5 lbs all year, despite claiming to be all about diet and exercise. I read about it all the time and obsessed, but never really changed much without sabotaging my efforts later. I talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. I finally got fed up, looked back, realized I hadn't really been committed, and decided to change it. It's still a learning experience and sometimes I flub up, but at least I realize what I did. I wasn't planning ahead and I wasn't setting myself up for success. I ruin it every time by not having a plan.

When you don't plan ahead (What am I going to eat at lunch through the week? In the morning? At dinner? How am I going to factor in ____ if I can't live without it?) you're basically setting yourself up for failure. When you fail, you rag on yourself and feel bad - and that makes it easy to give in and eat the worst food you can get your hands on.

PLAN AHEAD. Don't do something impossible, set your expectations so high that you can't possibly achieve it. Figure out what you can do - do it for a week. Look back, figure out what worked, what didn't. Adjust. Try again.

Trial and error is what it's all about, learning what works for you and your lifestyle. Some people can eat extremely low carb and exercise 2x a day, but that just wouldn't work for me. I have to do what works and what makes me feel good. It's not a diet... it's something I need to stick with so that I can have enough energy to exercise and take care of myself, and get the results I want and keep them.

Good luck, take care.
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    I am looking for quick results that is a big problem for me...counting calories is where I need to be I suspect...I LOVE sweets!!!! I want so desperately to get out of this HELL i have created myself!! I want out NOW and that is my problem too!! I will commit to one thing and I WILL make my decision by the end of today and that will be IT I am sick and tired of this self induced torture and cell I have put myself in!!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,865 Member
    Options
    I've done low carb -- lost a lot of weight -- gained it back.
    I've done low fat -- lost a lot of weight -- gained it back.

I have given up on diets and am eating good food, exercising, and tracking everything. My advice is to NOT make it all or nothing -- make a lifestyle change.
    Good luck.
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    Read the book Coach yourself thin and see it is really a good book to start the weightloss process.No fad diet, no crazy exercise routine.

I am all about a good self help put it in your face book! THank you!
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    I signed up a year ago and lost/gained the same 5 lbs all year, despite claiming to be all about diet and exercise. I read about it all the time and obsessed, but never really changed much without sabotaging my efforts later. I talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. I finally got fed up, looked back, realized I hadn't really been committed, and decided to change it. It's still a learning experience and sometimes I flub up, but at least I realize what I did. I wasn't planning ahead and I wasn't setting myself up for success. I ruin it every time by not having a plan.

When you don't plan ahead (What am I going to eat at lunch through the week? In the morning? At dinner? How am I going to factor in ____ if I can't live without it?) you're basically setting yourself up for failure. When you fail, you rag on yourself and feel bad - and that makes it easy to give in and eat the worst food you can get your hands on.

PLAN AHEAD. Don't do something impossible, set your expectations so high that you can't possibly achieve it. Figure out what you can do - do it for a week. Look back, figure out what worked, what didn't. Adjust. Try again.

Trial and error is what it's all about, learning what works for you and your lifestyle. Some people can eat extremely low carb and exercise 2x a day, but that just wouldn't work for me. I have to do what works and what makes me feel good. It's not a diet... it's something I need to stick with so that I can have enough energy to exercise and take care of myself, and get the results I want and keep them.

Good luck, take care.

/quote]

THIS!!! I needed to read this..thank you
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, take one day at a time. Try reducing portion size for one meal while increasing your exercise ( ie walking...walk a block, a lap around the track). The next day you will feel better. Do this for a couple of day, then reduce your portion size for another meal, and if you are able to, increase your exercise as much as you are able to ( ie walk another block or lap). Taking baby steps will give you the confidence to gain control over your conflicting decision making. It also allows your body to build up your physical stamina without experiencing muscle fatigue the next day. Good luck. If this works for you, you could befriend me.
  • birdieintx
    Options
    You're setting yourself up for failure by following a gimmick that is not sustainable! If you don't like eating low carb how could you possibly be able to succeed by depriving yourself of something you enjoy (and that isn't bad for you?) It makes much more sense to try to change your diet so that it incorporates a good balance of healthy carbs/proteins/and fats.

edited to add, I know there are plenty of people happily eating low carb. I think some people generally prefer their diet this way and it works well for them. What works for one person may not work for you, choose a plan that is managable to your lifestyle and likes/dislikes.
  • auroranflash
    Options
    On a side note, I was trying to lose some extra weight I picked up from being a total hog over the weekend, so I ate extremely low calorie all day yesterday ... then when I got home, I wanted to eat the house.

Yeah, I realized that wasn't going to work. I decided last night that I will not "stockpile" my calories for the evening time any more. I end up sad, lazy, depressed, and hungrier than all get-out.

Luckily I did give in and snack some before dinner and that got my energy and mood up enough to go for a run, so it all worked out. Didn't snack so much that it destroyed me, evened it out by eating a lighter dinner, managed to come in 80cals under my goal for the day.

Moral of the story: Not eating enough during the day = ravenous and night, bad mood, bad temper.
    Eat evenly through the day... may take you a while to figure out what that means to you. Don't get yourself down if you don't figure it out quickly, the only way you fail is by not learning from your experiences and not adjusting your plan to meet your goals.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    I saw a tv show this morning with a nutriionist on it saying that you have to have a bridge to wean yourself off of carbs otherwise it's a rebound effect. Her suggestion was sourdough bread, then wraps to use for the bridge. She also said you have to fill up on lots of fibre to help kick the carb "addiction".
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have totally tweaked along the way. You have to find what works for YOUR body - it's unique and unlike anyone else's.

I also agree with planning planning planning. I always know what my next meal will look like. I'm also constantly at the store, constantly measuring stuff out, but over the course of a couple of months its become a habit. I've had over carb days, under calorie days, pizza days. But I have many many more on target days than off. It pays off - down 25 pounds as of this morning. Feels great and SO worth it!
  • auroranflash
    Options
    I love pizza days. :heart: