National Margarita Day!!

Options
PatasDeGallina
PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
Ok, you fools.... :bigsmile:

It's time to drop your skinny, low-cal, super awesome, best ever margarita recipes!! RIGHT HERE. :drinker:

GIMMA WHAT YOU GOT!

:happy: :laugh:

Replies

• PatasDeGallina
    Options
    BUMP BUMP, Y'ALL!
  • UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    tequila lime juice salt splash of agave juice. What more do you need?:laugh:
  • PatasDeGallina
    Options
    My husband to serve it to me in a salt rimmed glass. :happy: :love: :blushing: :smooched: :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    tequila lime juice salt splash of agave juice. What more do you need?:laugh:
    where do you get agave juice from?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Is it really National Margarita Day???

Who is going to take me out for a margarita???? I *love* margaritas - and I don't care if they are skinny/low cal, I just want one!
  • cgcarolus
    cgcarolus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I got this recipe from Hungry Girl.com . so good!

Use the crystal light lemonade fill glass half way. add shot of good tequila. add fresh lime juice at least one wedge. add a splash of diet sprite. it is yummy. adjust to your taste.
    :tongue:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Margaritas... one of my favorite food groups LOL... though I haven't had any since New Years Eve... have to TRY to be good.
    :drinker:
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    beergaritas: Frozen Glass, salt the rim of the frozen glass, open a modello or Dos XX amber, Shot of seliccion suprema herradura tequila, Half a lime squeeze as much juice and pulp out with your strong hand. Drop the rind into the bottom of the glass and give it a swirl. Drink it. Repeat.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've never made a margarita. Those are reserved to special summer days on a sunny terrace somewhere beautiful. I'm dreaming it now.
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    <3, <3, <3 Margaritas!! Too bad I've never met one that was really low cal and still had that same smooth satisfying **buzzzzzz**.
    Also, I've got a 5 y/o who's home sick today so looks like I won't be celebrating with the rest of you!! Boo. Enjoy a few for me:) I'll make up for it on Sat!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Tequila.
    Thats it - just Tequila ;)
    No muss, no fuss :tongue:
  • UUZennie
    Options
    Whole foods carries agave juice.. Some other well-stocked supermarkets. It's a specialty juice that's becoming more popular as more people make "skinny" margaritas at home. It stands in for sugary mixes. You could also use 1 t. of agave syrup.
  • UUZennie
    Options
    Is it really National Margarita Day???

Who is going to take me out for a margarita???? I *love* margaritas - and I don't care if they are skinny/low cal, I just want one!

According to Facebook it is. :drinker:
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    bump
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light actually has a Margarita flavored drink as well as Walmart brand. The pack makes 2 quarts so I took the pack and mixed with 6 diet sprites and added the tequilla as I poured my glass. Added a pinch of Margarita salt. It was delicious and the only calories are that of the tequilla!:drinker:
  • PatasDeGallina
    Options
    Tequila.
    Thats it - just Tequila ;)
    No muss, no fuss :tongue:

I'm drinkin at yo house.
  • MsKMB
    MsKMB Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is a good brand of Tequila to buy that doesnt break the bank....the one I bought tastes rank?
  • PatasDeGallina
    Options
    http://tequila.picksall.com/top/10/under-20-2

This is a link to the top 10 tequilas under $20. Not sure how old that list is or who made it or wtf that they know, but it looks good.

Oh, but they left off Sauza Blanco. That one is also good.
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is a good brand of Tequila to buy that doesnt break the bank....the one I bought tastes rank?
    I personally like Cazadores Tequilla myself.