Just Joined

Options
Hi everyone: I am a 62 year old female working on losing at least 15 lbs by November when I'll be scheduled for bariatric surgery. Losing the weight is difficult for me because i'm a night-time snacker. I live in Pennsylvania and take care of my 84 year old mother who lives with me or I live with her as the case may be. I hope by next year to shed at least 100 lbs. I have a daughter and son who are both out on their own with their own families.

I foresee it being difficult for me to lose the weight because I do all the cooking for Mom. I just have to let in sink in to eat less and stop the snacking routine.

Replies

• mzjammies
    Options
    Hi everyone: I am a 62 year old female working on losing at least 15 lbs by November when I'll be scheduled for bariatric surgery. Losing the weight is difficult for me because i'm a night-time snacker. I live in Pennsylvania and take care of my 84 year old mother who lives with me or I live with her as the case may be. I hope by next year to shed at least 100 lbs. I have a daughter and son who are both out on their own with their own families.

I foresee it being difficult for me to lose the weight because I do all the cooking for Mom. I just have to let in sink in to eat less and stop the snacking routine.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Good luck!

I think you'll find lots of great information and support here.

:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome:flowerforyou: You won't have to give up the snacks, you will learn to eat the low calorie and healthier snacks. You are an awesome woman to be caring for your mother. There is great support on here and any time you have a question just ask.:heart:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. That is awesome that you are taking care of your mom. You can do this though. Start looking at your food preperation and how you can make it healthier. I am sure that you could make it a family affair that way.:happy: Portions are definately rough but you can do this. Proteins and fiber will help you feel more satisfied. If you can limit your sugar intake. I know it sounds impossible but after a week or two your cravings will be less.

Good luck we are all here for you:flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. :flowerforyou: Wishing you the best on your surgery and your goals. As you will soon find mfp has alot of great tools and support system to help us all on our journey. I love it!:heart:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!