Snacking Too Much!

I workout after work and am usually there from 5:30pm-7:00pm then I head home and shower and eat dinner. The worst is I find myself snacking during/after dinner! Any way to keep this from happening!

Replies

• What are you snacking on after you eat dinner?
  • If you are snacking because you are hungry maybe youve waited to long to eat. I know with me it is sometimes just habit and we have to tell ourselves no. I like to have veggies that I love, like red peppers and cucumbers, ready to eat so when I feel that urge at least it a healthy choice.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I workout after work and am usually there from 5:30pm-7:00pm then I head home and shower and eat dinner. The worst is I find myself snacking during/after dinner! Any way to keep this from happening!

Is this snacking causing you to go over your calorie intake for the day and this is why you are concerned, or are you concerned because of the time at which you are eating?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    I find that when I eat a good amount of protein at dinner I am not as hungry later. Quinoa is a good addition that helps keep me full.

I also allow myself 1 weight watchers or similar chocolate icecream or yogurt bar after dinner. After all, life with out chocolate is not a life I wanna live. This satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    How do you snack while eating dinner?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member

Two different plates?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

Two different plates?

Genius.
  • After dinner is when I snack? I will eat, shower, then come back downstairs and snack!
  • Or while I am making my dinner, I will snack!
  • ninkira1
    ninkira1 Posts: 31 Member
    It sounds like you are eating the wrong kind of snack! I recently read an article in Livestrong that was talking about the best fitness tips, and it really expressed the importance of eating something right after you workout, but stressed that it should be good for you as well. It even suggests something you wouldn't expect-

"A post-workout mix of carbs, fat, and protein will help your body build muscle, reduce soreness, and recover faster so you can work out again sooner. If you are rushed for time or normally skip eating after your workout, a tall glass of chocolate milk has the ideal mix of nutrients you're looking for."

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/553531-the-20-best-fitness-tips-of-all-time/#ixzz1n8h8oRf2

Hopefully this helps! It has stopped me from eating too much after my workouts.