Sucks to be a picky eater!

Options
I want to lose the weight, I want to succeed! I've done it before and I can do it again.....BUT my options are sooo limited. I find myself eating the same things over and over again because I'm such a picky eater. THEN I get sick of the same things over and over and begin to go back to my old ways......eating whatever I want!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I found it easier to find healthier versions of the foods I love. It also helps to find new ways to prepare foods and try them again.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Use this as an opportunity to expand your choices. Your tastes change and you may find more things you like if you just try it.
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling doll, im the same.
    However sometimes trying works...stuck my nose up at quorn now I refuse to use normal mince as Im inlove with Quorn mince..as said before try other variations of things.
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    I am a 100% the same! It's so frustrating..
    I want to lose the weight, I want to succeed! I've done it before and I can do it again.....BUT my options are sooo limited. I find myself eating the same things over and over again because I'm such a picky eater. THEN I get sick of the same things over and over and begin to go back to my old ways......eating whatever I want!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Do you eat chicken? I f you do and are not adverse to trying different spices etc you could experiment immensely with those.

Try visiting www.supercook.com, it allows you to enter as many ingredients as you like and brings up suggested recipe ideas. If you only ate chicken and potatoes for example, it would show you different ways to cook them to get various flavours etc.
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    Oh I totally hear you. I am SO picky. I think I ate the same thing for about 3 months one time last year. You can try to make it a challenge for yourself. I basically said I was going to try almost everything put in front of me. I kept 2 foods I would never touch on the off limits list still: any seafood in a shell, and anything pork. Otherwise it was fair game. I tried a lot of stuff, I hated some of it, but I also managed to discover that I LOVED things I never would have before. For example, who knew I loved Tuna steak? I had no clue. Also, apparently I like squash. Not so surprisingly, I still dont like eel. Give it a shot, the worst that can happen is that you dont like it, and you eat the same thing you ate last night again.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!!!! Veggies are the hardest for me to eat. And a salad is out if the question!:cry:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I understand about being a pick eater...I can be one as well. However, the internet is a HUGE resource...google healthy recipes and tips/suggestions and I am sure you'll find healthy foods that YOU like.

There is no excuse to eat bad.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating the stuff you do like but prepare it differently. There are a ton of ways to prepare chicken, steak, fish and pork. Add a starch to it and a vegetable. When I want what I call an expensive dinner like tacos or pizza I eat a low cal lunch. This winter soup has become my best friend. It is easy to pack in my lunch and a lot of them are low cal. I eat the same thing for breakfast every morning before work. Try checking out some of the recipes on skinnytaste.com. They have a chicken finger recipe I plan on trying next week. I am planning on making their mozzerella sticks this weekend for the race.Good luck!!!
  • kiters
    kiters Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!! Veggies are my biggest obstacle! I'm going to try that website for some ideas. I really only eat poultry and seafood just because of health reasons.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

(I used to be a very picky eater and that site helped me loads, plus it helps when you have no idea what to cook. Who would have thought of putting bourbon, orange juice and chicken in the same dish? Lol.)
  • kiters
    kiters Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought of that but now I'm intrigued! lol
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!!!! Veggies are the hardest for me to eat. And a salad is out if the question!:cry:

We must have been separated at birth LOL!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

What would you rather be, fat or picky?

Quit being picky and you'll quit being fat.
    Quit making excuses as to why you can't do something.
  • tdiva97
    Options
    I have the same issue. I will share what I did last summer when I started losing weight. Instead of limiting myself, I would eat the foods that I like just smaller portions. I would monitor the frequency and quantity. I'm a picky eater and I've been this way for as long as I can remember. I knew that it wasn't realistic for my to just go cold turkey and try to eat only chicken, turkey, and fish for example everyday when I don't eat seafood, only a certain part of the chicken, and trying my best to work with turkey lol. I slowly reduced the unhealthy foods and introduced the healthy foods.
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Picky eater here. Some weeks my diary looks the same every single day. The only thing I can suggest is try new things, which is ironic because I need to follow my own advice. Try to take a food you like and add new things to it.

I don't eat much red meat so I get most of my protein from meats from chicken. I like spicy food. One day I stopped by a deli to grab lunch and they had cajun chicken on a whole wheat pita with lettuce and ranch dressing. I ordered it without the ranch. I'd never had a pita before that. It was 4.00 and I figured if I didn't like it I could get something else. I loved it. I make them all the time now for myself.

Try something new a little at a time.
  • RH_Brazell
    Options

We must have been separated at birth LOL!

I'm the same way eat really no veggies :(
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    you are not a 3 year old, eat whats good for you, food is fuel, the better it tastes, the worse it is for you...........
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    you are not a 3 year old, eat whats good for you, food is fuel, the better it tastes, the worse it is for you...........

lol, so true
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Tastes do change.... pick 1 or 2 new healthy foods and force yourself to eat them a couple days a week and soon you will realize you like them! The best way to incorporate new things is to add them to things you already like.... try adding a new veggie to your favorite soup, salad or stir fry!