Non Scale Losses

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
Well, I have had a few non scale victories, but I have been noticing a few things that I have been doing since losing a lot of weight that I am not so proud of such as ...

1) Vanity - I spend much longer looking at myself in the mirror and feel very self satisfied with the results
2) If I want to be horrible about another women (I think its called *****ing) I may sometimes refer to her as "fat" (nasty nasty Flixie :frown: )
3) I can talk all night about exercise and I need to remember that not everyone is as into the gym as I am

Anyone else discovering new things about themselves they are not so keen on?

Replies

• kriggs1976
    Options
    I have noticed I look at myself in the mirror, much more than I used to. And I dress more like a 'girl' now. Less jeans and t-shirts and more blouses and nice pants.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep, also been wearing dresses. Hadn't worn a dress for 7-8 years previously, and that was a bridesmaid dress.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    1. Am apparently boring my husband with constant references to calorie counts in our food.

2. Am spending quite a bit of time thinking of how I can look both appropriate and 'hot' in a Mother of the Groom dress in August.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I bought a new belt and tank tops that are small!
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Honey, with a 75lb loss you have earned the bragging rights...just curb the "nasty"...lol
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Apparently I am annoying now that I talk about eating more healthy, exercising, and making better choices, according to my kids.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i find that i'm a lot more competitive and a bit more judgemental. i definitely do not like either of these new qualities :(
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i look at my stomach in the mirror at least 10 times a day.. not sure if its cause i actually lost inches or just think i did lol
  • lmcenin
    Options
    it's easy to fall into the trap when you've succeeded after putting so much effort into improving your life. I find it can be annoying to see other people not caring about themselves the way they should, but we've all been there before and we need to put it in perspective. It's a constant battle. Don't beat yourself up about it, but instead find ways to be more supportive of others and share your success by being an example. Its tough because you just want to scream it from the rooftops how good you feel! Some of my greatest motivators are those who just live healthy and show how happy they are. How can you not want to be like them!

Keep it up!!!!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes I am obsessed with looking at my stomach in the mirror a couple of times in the morning/day/and night... I also grab my clothing at the store instead of trying on , which is really cool.... I am also quick to share my story with others as if they want to hear and really enjoy how my snug gym attire looks when I workout in the mirror..( yep I am a mirror hogger) LOL
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Ughhh I talk about the amount of calories and portion sizes ad nauseam and what I did at the gym. My girlfriends are saints for listening to it while we are trying to have girl's night!