Cleanse

Options
I am looking for a good cleanse. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love love love ISAGENIX! When I had originally lost my 70lbs I lived by it. It took away my sugar cravings and the protein shakes boost immunity by 300%. I have not been doing them lately :-( as we have been trying to have a baby. Just doing natural cleanses.
    This is the natural one I do:
    Use a food processor and grind up :
    Avacado
    Tomatoes
    Kale
    Spinach
    Carrots

You can add cayenne, cinamon and ginger if you would like. Eat that for all meals.

This is the alternate one for breakfast:
    Green apple
    Kiwi
    Kale
    Spinach

Good luck!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a good cleanse. Any suggestions?

My first suggestion would be to evaluate your reasoning for choosing to cleanse.

What are you hoping to accomplish?
  • erickhoffman
    erickhoffman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Clense right now with Advocare Herbal Clense. I'm only on day 3 right now so we'll see how it goes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Vim is my favourite cleanser.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    Plenty of water and greens will do the job.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell does a reasonable job.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell does a reasonable job.

This is the truth
    Its probably cheaper too
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    It took away my sugar cravings and the protein shakes boost immunity by 300%.

Immunity to what? AIDS? How does it work?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i like to use lemon juice and vinegar mostly - but for really tough jobs ill use bleach, or Simple Green. Sometimes i cleanse my cutting boards with hydrogen peroxide.
    Usually use comet in the tub and toilets.. for my wood floors, i cleanse with swiffer wet jet once a week, and mop and glow once a month

;)
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Liver and Kidneys...your organs does the work for you...like a self cleaning oven :)
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    I'd like to "restart" my system, I guess. Give it a "Ctrl Alt Delete."
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    HAHA Great answers. Thanks everyone. I like the water and greens. :) Maybe I'll start there.
  • ninkira1
    ninkira1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just a warning- I did the Master Cleanse over the summer and it wasn't the best fitness decision I've made overall. It did make me lose 15 lbs, but I gained 5 lbs right back and it did not ease me into promoting a healthier diet, but mainly 'restarted' my entire diet.

And it was unhealthy. Unfortunately, I did the cleanse as it was originally written- flood yourself with a special lemonade each day and nothing else. It is a mix of fresh squeezed lemon juice (vitamins), grade B maple syrup (nutrients) , and cayenne pepper (to irritate your bowels). I have learned now it is a good idea to 'cleanse' for a few days, but the Master Cleanse was originally written to take part for 16 days total. 3 "lead in" days, 10 lemonade days, and then 3 "lead out" days. Essentially, by the 8th day I wasn't hungry, but I was dreaming of food, dreaming of having the diet sabotaged, an indicator that my body was starving. Other things- I got very cranky fast, got cold very fast (despite the 85 degree weather), and got tired fast.

This is just a caution to not do a cleanse for too long, really. What do you want to accomplish with your cleanse? They are great for getting you out of a routine of having to prepare heavy amounts of food 3 times a day, and restarting your sugar intake.
  • ninkira1
    ninkira1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    April- I noticed that you have similar goals to me. I found particularly with my "sweet tooth", the South Beach approach worked really great. If you get the guide that maps out the first two weeks of meals and gives you simple recipes to follow, it keeps things interesting while you are trying to get "unaddicted" to refined carbs and sugars. However, I did have time to invest in making these healthy meals for my mom and I, as it took some getting used to, preparing specific things 6 times a day. But this is a diet, and not a cleanse.
  • cutethang1
    Options

http://www.isagenixnews.com/7-ways-to-boost-your-immune-system-2/
  • cutethang1
    Options

• libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i like to use lemon juice and vinegar mostly - but for really tough jobs ill use bleach, or Simple Green. Sometimes i cleanse my cutting boards with hydrogen peroxide.
    Usually use comet in the tub and toilets.. for my wood floors, i cleanse with swiffer wet jet once a week, and mop and glow once a month

;)
    ^^ :bigsmile:
  • cutethang1
    Options
    I agree with OP you don't want to do cleanses often. It can help decrase toxins in the body and sort of give you that ctl alt delete.