Question????

Options
Does anyone else get heat rash from working out?? I've been working out a little over a week now, and it has happened to me 3x, just on my upper body... I have sensitive skin but jeez...

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get heat rash from working out?? I've been working out a little over a week now, and it has happened to me 3x, just on my upper body... I have sensitive skin but jeez...
    In the summer it's gets real bad for me. I guess that's a con of having a ripped body, gifted from the Gods of Mt. Olympus.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I get all sweaty, my skin itches a lot and this results in a secondary rash but I have never had a primary rash.

(Apparently I am allergic to something in sweat. Good to know. Lol.)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I do in the summer, it sucks! :(
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had it on my legs a few times when I killed the elliptical. It's not nice!
  • SaraSeever
    Options
    Mine usually happens when I'm on the treadmill for about an hour. But once I stop and get cooled down it goes away within like 20min. So I shouldn't be concerned??
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    "During exercise, histamines are released. Histamines are proteins involved in autoimmune responses like an allergic reaction to pollen or dust. People who are sensitive to histamines can experience rashes, itching, and other allergic symptoms during exercise just like you are describing. Most of the time, the rashes appear on the chest and thighs, but they can appear on the neck or arms, too. Sometimes exercise also reacts with food allergies or medications (for example, antibiotics, pain medications, sedatives, tranquilizers, and diuretics) to cause the problem. The problem typically occurs more in cold weather than warm."

Taken from http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=79103

I wouldn't worry about it unless it worsens.
  • SaraSeever
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate you sharing that info!!
  • Dean31
    Dean31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I never get heat rashes thankfully, but my nose runs and I sneeze like crazy, like I'm having an allergic reaction. Just a different reaction to the histamine I guess.
  • SaraSeever
    Options
    The things that can go on with our bodies....so strange. Nice to have a better understanding now though. I thought I was some freak of nature. It's all a learning process I suppose.