Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New girl

jenndf
jenndf Posts: 29 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. My name is Jenn and I am brand new to the myfitnesspal community. I am a 34-year old single mom, a lifetime resident of a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA, and I am trying to get myself back to my pre-baby weight. I gained 70 lbs. with my son and I haven't dropped an ounce since his birth just over three years ago! Also, I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and that was the final push to get me on track with weight loss and a healthier lifestyle. I will be the first to admit that I am horrible with diets and exercise so I need a lot of support! Wish me luck!

Replies

• jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Jenn and I am brand new to the myfitnesspal community. I am a 34-year old single mom, a lifetime resident of a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA, and I am trying to get myself back to my pre-baby weight. I gained 70 lbs. with my son and I haven't dropped an ounce since his birth just over three years ago! Also, I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and that was the final push to get me on track with weight loss and a healthier lifestyle. I will be the first to admit that I am horrible with diets and exercise so I need a lot of support! Wish me luck!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome Jenn:flowerforyou: Not only will you have high blood pressure , but run a risk of diabetes. I wish I had known and started this before my weight caused me these health problems. This is the greatest thing you can do for your body. Here's to good health and a long life:drinker: :heart:
  • Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • TZUVELLA
    TZUVELLA Posts: 27
    Welcome.. I bet you'll be very glad you joined as soon as 1-2 wks.. this totally helps me.. I didn't track myself for 1.5 wks.. and knew I was only cheating myself.. I LOVE IT AND RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY to all my friends.. GOOD LUCK..
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Welcome Jenn! I also gained weight wehn I was pg and have high blood pressure! This site is awesome! Good luck you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.