Yes, I'm being serious....

Options
Is it possible to be depressed and not know it.

I've been doing alot of stuff to simply fill voids, I think... and I honestly wonder if this is why I can't get myself to actually "do" much as far as exercise goes.

Up until a week ago I wasn't doing too terrible bad, but last week I just quit, and this week, I've been ill, and alot on my mind.
When I'm laying in bed or working, my mind goes a 100 mph thinking of how easy it will be to go home and get on my tread mill and work till I sweat to death, or do my zumba... or whatever...
But I get home and I'm so tired that I believe I'm sabotaging myself.

I dunno, maybe this is more of a rant than anything but just wondered if anyone else had this kind of thing.

Doubt this is the correct place to put this, but this is where I put it.

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have no idea they are depressed. Others around them notice though. I would go talk to your doctor and get a full work up done as well. It could be your thyroid or any number of things. Or it could be depression. Either way you should talk to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon!
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! It happened to me and I was really thrown for a loop. Get help with it........you will love yourself again and not even realized you were "blue". Good Luck
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about being depressed and not knowing it, but as someone who has suffered from severe depression for many years, if your "want to do nothing" mood lasts more than 2 weeks, it's not a mood swing. Go see a doctor. You said you've been ill and that can take a toll on your moods. Give it some time, but no more than 14 days.

HTH!

Good luck!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I agree you should just get things checked out. I suffer from Anxiety/Depression and sometimes it does seem just too much to get to the gym or even function. It would be so much easier to just go home from work and veg in front of the tv. I try to remember how great I feel after I get my workout accomplished.

It is hard and I feel your frustration. Keep plugging away!!!!!!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Could be depression, could be just general apathy (sometimes a symptom of depression) - and if this feeling of apathy or lack of motivation continues, you really should talk to your doctor. Or maybe evenings just isn't the best time to work out for you.

I WAS you. I mean, I would plan all day at work to go home and workout, and be excited about it even, and then get home and sit on the couch and do nothing. I work a FT job, a PT job, and go to school PT, so the evenings that I AM home I just want to veg. I was like that even before school. In fact, I did learn that if I didn't sit down and turn the TV on, and got busy right away on whatever project I wanted to work on, it was okay.

I have NEVER been a morning person, I mean NEVER. But in the last couple of years, I have begun to enjoy being up early before anyone else is - the house is quiet and there are no demands on my time, etc. So I work out M-W-F from 5:30 to 7 a.m. And I'm actually excited about getting to the gym. Think about maybe doing your workouts at a different time - either late at night before bed or early mornings - and see what happens....

And like I said, if the feelings continue, you really should talk to your doctor....