27, newly wed, with about 150lbs to lose

Options
Hey all, my name is Helen. I am from Long Island, NY. I just got married in October. We live with my parents. I am finishing up law school and graduate in May and my husband has gone back to college for visual arts.

I am looking for other friends who have over 100lbs to lose. I feel like we are in a different playing field all together than those having to lose only 20lbs. They are the sprinters and we are the cross-country racers. Both hard, but both different.

Things about me: I have been overweight since being a child. Last fall we had 2 very close deaths in the family which had me gain back 30-40lbs from my lowest. I had originally lose 80lbs since my highest and now I've kept off only 35 or so lbs from that.

I want to lose weight for many reasons but #1 is I want to start a family and have a healthy pregnancy and be an active mother. Of course, the normal stuff I want too - be more active, wear better clothes, feel better, have more energy, be healthier, etc.

For Lent I have given up all desserts except for a skinny cow treat I can have only on odd numbered days as well as promising my husband to work out 6 days a week.

Just looking for other people going through the same struggle. Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

• squirrrell
    Options
    Hi Helen

Congratulations on your marriage and wish you the very best for the future.

I have to lose 40lbs so not quite what you are looking for but to be honest I think I am in it for the long haul as I never seem to be able to lose weight fast so I'm definitely not a sprinter! ;) I can't run either to be honest lol but we can hook up if you like keep each other going and I am very good at motivating people just not the world's best at seeking my own advice! ;)

Good luck we will do it!! ;)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you can do it, i'm 28lbs from goal and if i can do it you can too.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage and on your decision to work on your health!

I'm where you want to be, so I will leave it up to you if you'd like to add me or not :)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage and refocusing on your health! It's a long haul, but so worth it!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Would love to have you as a friend, I have about 100 lbs to lose and agree with your analogy!

Welcome aboard! Send me a request

Jen
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far and on your marriage ! I have lost 48 pounds and have another 60 some more to go so you can feel free to add me as a friend ! I am giving up sweets also for lent !
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Im 27 as well and had 150 to lose.. Ive lost 42ish now and am at about 110 left.. Feel free to add me, I love new friends!!
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen! Feel free to add me. I've been on here for about a year, lost about 70 so far of my initial 87-loss goal, but I think I want to lose about another 20-30 after that. I know what its like to be a newly wed, and in school, and trying to lose weight. Either way, good luck and remember that you can do it!
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm with you... totally different journeys. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I'm 28. Add me!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    HI-

I don't currently have over 100 lbs to lose. However, if you're interested in friends who started at that point feel free to add me. Biggest piece of advice: on day at a time. You will have plenty of stumbles along the way so don't consider one meal a failure. Don't even consider one day a failure. Consider any week that you made progress a success. Remember any loss at all is moving you in the right direction. If you have a bad week (ex: my last year's Cancun vacation!) then look at the month as a whole. If you made progress in that month. you are still going in the right direction! Keeping yourself from getting discouraged is a mind game.
  • Roo1014
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage. I am 33 and have about 125 to lose. I comend you on trying to get healthy before becoming pregnant. I did it the other way around and it was hard.
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I have more than 100lbs to lose. And I agree with your point of view.

Congrats on getting married!