Just venting....

Options
:mad:

I am here to vent as I am really upset. Socializing with my husband has become a nightmare. If someone invites us for dinner, me and my husband end up in an argument EVERY SINGLE TIME. The invites are mostly for Saturdays, sometimes Fridays. For him, he says he cannot miss a single day of his happy hour on a Friday to spend time with another family. He thinks all my friend's husbands are boring to hang out with. He is always judging and criticizing everyone. He says that's just him and its nothing wrong. He says he socializes with us because it makes me happy, but he doesn't enjoy at all. All I say to him is once in a while he can give up his happy hour to go out to a friends place for dinner. It's been ages since we went to someones place. Also, he says that I ruin the entire day by stressing out about it( I like to plan my day and it feels stressing for him) if we have to go on a Saturday. I have no idea what to do, I am just fuming now. I was arguing with him and he was saying I am old and cranky now...arrrgh...

Replies

• rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    i dont want to judge your situation, but i will say take that frustration and have a good workout!!!! whenever me and my husband argue i go for a run and i feel better, its almost like in my head im saying nanananapoopoo you dont phase me LMAO keep your head up, maybe try sitting down and talking about it at a time when your not presented with that situation, at a time where its completley irrelevant, like over coffee or something?
  • aaroncharles
    aaroncharles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First off I think you should give him credit for being willing to go over there when he clearly doesn't like to...just for you. Then you should talk and come to a mutual understanding and agreement that both of you could be happy with. Marriage is giving and taking.