Suggestions to Keep Myself Motivated?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep myself motivated? Something that I can do, or whatnot to help me look away from the ice cream I love, or the pizza I crave?

Is there a way to keep myself from feeling hungry without having to eat a whole bunch? Water doesn't work for me. I've already had five glasses today and Im still starving.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep myself motivated? Something that I can do, or whatnot to help me look away from the ice cream I love, or the pizza I crave?

Is there a way to keep myself from feeling hungry without having to eat a whole bunch? Water doesn't work for me. I've already had five glasses today and Im still starving.

You shouldn't ever be "starving"! :noway:
    Sure, water is GREAT, you SHOULD drink lots of it a day, but, you need food too. I suggest foods with fiber, and protein too, since they're what will help you feel full and satisfied.
    As for icecream, there isn't ANYONE who loves it more than I do! :love: I've managed to lose over 40 pounds and I've had icecream almost every night! :happy: But, these days, I eat slow churned, no sugar added kinds, such as Edy's cookie dough! YUM! I can't tell it from the "real" stuff, it's THAT good! :love:
    The best thing about MFP is that you CAN have the stuff you love. You are NOT deprived, like you are on any regular "diet". MFP is a "lifestyle change". Here you will be totally aware of all the calories, fats, etc. that you're putting into your mouth. By seeing your numbers, and working with them through good food choices, moderation, and getting in some exercise, you WILL lose the weight that you want to. And you WON'T do it by starving, either! :wink: :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How far into this are you?

It's hard those first weeks, b/c you're working on eating healthy foods and limiting the bad stuff. I don't limit anything though, but I do try to make everything I crave myself from good ingredients.

I made pizzas last Friday night on whole what crust, freshly grated mozzarella and loaded up with fresh veggies. I cut the pieces small, enjoyed three of them and it was great. I get my craving fix!

I'm a chocolate girl, but I do love dark chocolate so now and then I'll have one or two Dove Dark's w/ a few almonds. It's a great and sensible treat, b/c the dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and the protein sort of counteracts the feeling that you need more sugar. You can have ice cream... just have a bit. Everything in moderation. Trust me, it does get easier!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I find you have to include food you like or else you will binge. If you like ice cream try yogurt or sherbert or make homemade ice cream. You like pizza allow yourself to have it every couple of weeks and get real pizza not store bought.

Fiber filled foods like beans, grapefruit oranges and strawberries are low cal and will fill you up.

I drink coffee other drink hot tea.

And you simple may not be eating enough. 1200 cals is not right for everyone.:drinker:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    I take Fiber Choice strawberry flavored tablets and they give me my fiber but also help a little with my hunger. And actually, I was sooo surprised when I first started taking them...they actually taste really good (keep them away from any kids, lol). And when i'm really craving pizza or icecream I sometimes cave in but still keep to my diet. The frozen smart choice or lean cuisine for pizza, and weight watchers icecream! On days where I feel like having comfort food and cheating on my diet, I eat a baked potatoe with a little bit of light sour cream or some "I can't beleive it not butter" spray and it fills me up and satisfies me!!!
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Yes, you should never be starving! You're just shootin gyourself in the foot and ruining your chances of success. Plan out healthy snacks and try eating every two hours, even if it's just a handful of carrots. The more fruits and veggies you have, the less hungry you are (trust!).

Also, plan your meals out. I've been on here for.a.long.time. LOL And that's one thing I didn't do faithfully and that is the one reason why I have failed to lose weight. try to plan, and follow each day the night before. When you're allowed to just run wild and free, you most likely will eat what you crave and not what you plan. Cravings can be stifled with good nutrition!

And finally, you have to workout. Even if it's just taking a walk every day after work. Get up and move! Studies have proven that women (and undoubtedly men, too!) eat better and are more likely to stick to their diets when they excercise because they have higher self esteem.

:flowerforyou:
  • LovelessSoubi
    Options
    I just have a very large appetite. I could eat an entire pizza by myself. >.> Pretty bad. I know it's hard. And Ive struggled with this for a long time. I just don't like being hungry. I've had apples and carrots today. Yogurt for breakfast with a protein nutritional bar. I'm still hungry. I just started on this site today so Im still relatively new. Plus Im at work and Im not really supposed to be on here during work, lol. I havent had the chance to read everything yet.