Stress Eating!

Options
So I'm having an awful day at work and my first reaction (other than to cry or kill a co-worker) is to stuff my face with all kinds of unhealthy junk. I have carrot sticks, yogurt and Fiber One bars with me.......but NOOOOO...........I'm drooling over the Cheetos and Snickers bar in the vending machine. I've even been having impure thoughts of a Big Mac and Fries! So far I've managed to resist temptation.....but for how long? If one more thing happens today......I might just snap:explode:

Replies

• couggirl13
    Options
    Don't snap!! You can get through it! Maybe use your break to take a walk around the block and get that frustration out. We all have tough days at work but you'll feel way worse about your day when you get home tonight if you snapped and ate those darn snicker bars. STAY STRONG!!! :) Your day could still turn around. :wink:
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5 minutes in the mouth, 5 months on your *kitten*....
    not worth it :bigsmile:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Cheer up! I know how hard things like that are. I love my comfort foods...and when i'm having a bad day, I want nothing to do with my healthy food at all :sad: Make yourself a "day" goal...stay calm and on track of your diet until you get home, do some sort of excersise even if it's for 5 minutes, then get on MFP and figure out your calories for tomorrow. This may sound weird, but it helps me stay on track. I set a goal knowing that i'm strong enough to reach it, do some exercise to get my heart rate going and to remind myself that i'm making positive life changes, then figureing out my calories for the next day assures me that i'm still going to stay on track and I am going to lose this weight and be a healthier, happier person!!!
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options

Oooo, good point. I like that. :laugh:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    So I'm having an awful day at work and my first reaction (other than to cry or kill a co-worker) is to stuff my face with all kinds of unhealthy junk. I have carrot sticks, yogurt and Fiber One bars with me.......but NOOOOO...........I'm drooling over the Cheetos and Snickers bar in the vending machine. I've even been having impure thoughts of a Big Mac and Fries! So far I've managed to resist temptation.....but for how long? If one more thing happens today......I might just snap:explode:

Sorry to hear your day is being unkind. Stay strong, it's already mid-week so hopefully you'll be getting a work break soon. Is it possible for you to get outside for a quick walk or fresh-air break? I'd recommend that and then when you get back inside and aren't so upset think about which healthy snacks you'd like to eat, then enjoy it!
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    this is so dumb, but it really helps me. sometimes i think the comfort thing about stress eating is the eating itself, instead of the actual food. on days that i absolutely feel crazy and need to binge (i'm studying for two bar exams, so that's often) i just pig out on healthy food, like eat three nutri-grain bars or a whole thing of rice cakes. i feel like i'm overreating (which i am haha) but it doesn't do too much damage. good luck!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]138379.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    i'm also a stress eater, and i find that not only do i stress out more if i eat bad things, but then i feel like a failure on top of everything... try not to use food as an escape/security blanket. i know it's sooooo hard, but hang in there and stay strong.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

:laugh: LOL Just repeat this in your head each time you go towards the vending machine. Not only will it turn you away, but you'll smile b/c it's funny & you know it. :tongue:
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    i'm also a stress eater, and i find that not only do i stress out more if i eat bad things, but then i feel like a failure on top of everything... try not to use food as an escape/security blanket. i know it's sooooo hard, but hang in there and stay strong.
    Yes!!! and take a brisk walk. Get those endorphines rushing!!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options

HA! I'm going to put that on my pantry!
  • ThePoptart
    ThePoptart Posts: 28
    Options

Haha!!! I love this, and I really need to remember it as a personal mantra :laugh: :blushing:
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I made it through the work day without cheating (or hurting anyone :smile: )
    I'm on my way to the grocery store now......hope I can keep this willpower afloat.