Sugar withdrawl

Options
So, I have been reading posts by different people about Diet pop and it causing sugar cravings. I am a 2-3 can a day drinker. 3 days ago we ran out of pop and I decided not to go buy anymore to see if it was true. Low and behold NO SUGAR CRAVINGS:noway: Anyway, now my problem is I am having the shakes in the afternoon when I would normally be consuming sugar. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of them?

Replies

• 2kidsandadog
    2kidsandadog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So, I have been reading posts by different people about Diet pop and it causing sugar cravings. I am a 2-3 can a day drinker. 3 days ago we ran out of pop and I decided not to go buy anymore to see if it was true. Low and behold NO SUGAR CRAVINGS:noway: Anyway, now my problem is I am having the shakes in the afternoon when I would normally be consuming sugar. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of them?
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I got off of drinking reg. coke to diet then switched to coffee. I never liked coffee before but now I have a cup in the morning and in the evening and I love it, cant even take a sip of coke now!!!!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE WITHDRAWING FROM CAFFEINE. WERE YOU DRINKING CAFFEINE FREE COKE?
  • jmlancour
    jmlancour Posts: 10
    Options
    try eating fruit.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i agree with fruit or a tall glass of orange juice. caffeine may be playing a big roll... It took my mother 4 days before she kicked the caffeine habit... she drank regular pop though...
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds like caffine withdrawals to me too.. :) When I was younger I drank so much Coke in one day, it was scary. When I finally stopped drinking soda daily, it took me over a week to (or it seemed to anyways) for my body to finish going through caffine withdrawals. To this day, I have to be careful how much caffine I have because the next day I will have a major headache due to withdrawals.

If its too rough going cold turkey, try limiting your amounts every day til you are drinking none. :) Some people are more sensitive to it than others..

Oh, and I was once told that an apple can wake you up just as well in the morning as a cup of coffee!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I was a 2-3 can of chocolat cherry diet dr pepper every day, now I made a resolution to go cold turkey. I am miserable. Even though it is sugar fre, the caffeine was the bomb, but feeling like I do now, no thanx....

I drink juice, water and chrystal light

even though I am working out, I have no energy right now. I know things will get better, but it getting out og my system is the downers....:devil: :sick: :devil: :sick: :frown: :embarassed: :frown: :embarassed:
  • 2kidsandadog
    Options
    It was caffiene free diet coke. I will try the orange juice and see if that helps!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got off sugar more than a year ago. I remember the headaches and the shakes. Be patient. It was a horrible feeling, but it does end. Now I get those feelings if I HAVE sugar. Which helps the diet part alot. Its easy to have piece of cake at a bday party. I litterally don't want it, so I have a bite or two just to be polite, and pass on the rest. Soda no longer appeals to me. Even Diet soda. Yuck.
    Good luck.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Sodas are just horrible for your body. They are completely artificial ingredients! You should really get yourself off them now. Also, sounds more like caffeine than sugar. For the caffeine, at least do green tea or coffee. NO SODA- not even diet.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Umm..you cant have a sugar withdrawal when you weren't consuming sugar... (theres no sugar in diet coke..)
  • 2kidsandadog
    Options
    maybe not from the diet coke, but from the chocolate I ate after the diet coke!?!:blushing:
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I have started having more protien at lunch and it has made a huge difference.