Endurance Cyclists

Options
Hi there,

My name is Lynda, I am an endurance cyclist that is looking to shed ideally 20 lbs before training starts. I have dropped 15lbs since mid-December and this is my final week before endurance training has to start up (i.e., fueling the engine for hundred of miles on a bike, that's lots n lots of calories needed!). I don't think that, in this final week, that I'll lose the remaining 5lbs in time, but I'm good with that. I will continue next off-season to drop more.

I am wondering if there are any endurance athletes that are using myfitnesspal to help drop and/or maintain weight during off and in-season workouts. Nutritionally, I feel like I'm walking a tightrope when it comes to restricting the engine and then bulking it out in preparation for in-season events.

So a big howdy to you all, and endurance athletes in particular, I'm interested in chatting with you!

- Lynda

Replies

• 19bryan57
    Options
    Fairly new to MFP. Wanted to lose 10lbs, down 9, 1 to go.
    Triathlete - 1 Ironman, lots of 100 mile bike rides. I'm not worried about what the "diet" might do to my training.
    I use Hammer products for all of my training and race nutrition.
    Good luck
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello there, new to this site as well. Planning on a mtb 50 miler this year, and a 100miler in 2013.. I'm not endurance yet, but I will be soon!