Weight Fluctuation

Options
Ok, so I have about 24# to go, lost 6 so far. I had my period the other day and weighed myself...and was very irritated to see an extra # almost 2! Can your weigh fluctuate during your cycle? Or can it fluctuate because of anything? Its not like I overate or did anything different. Please advise. :noway:

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, because you retain water (ever feel bloated during that time?) when you're on your period.

Other things that make you bloat or retain water, too much salt, heavy foods, slow digestion even.
    WATER WATER WATER and eat lots of fiber too. Green tea is also a natural diuretic so that should help with bloat and retention.
  • michellereneejenkins
    Options
    yes your weight can fluctuate a lot (sometimes like 8lbs) during your cycle. it's water weight. etc etc
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mine isn't so bad now, but when I was on birth control I would retain 3-5 lbs around my period. Even on a daily basis my weight will fluctuate 2-3 pounds dependent on how much I eat, water, and other things I'm sure. Don't sweat it, just remember to look at the big picture.