Water Intake

Options
I'm not a huge fan of still water and I have a really hard time making myself drink 8 glasses per day. So, what else can be used in lieu of plain water? Would Crystal Gyser (sparkeling mineral water) count toward my water intake? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What about adding something like Crystal Light or Diet Snapple packets? That's what I do when I get bored of regular water.
  • joshmiller1998
    Options
    I drink Propel, they have it in flavors and you can get that at Wal-Mart, and I also drink Fruit H2O and Nestle Pure Life Water that is flavored with lemon. It helps me, espically with meals. Hope this helps you out.
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water. What helped me is I quit drinking everything else. I will have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I only drink water. I carry a 32 ounce water bottle with a straw at all times and try to finish 3 of them per day.
    Once your body gets used to drinking nothing but water you will actually crave it.

Just give yourself time. It takes time to get used to it. But, yes...I would say that mineral water will count towards you daily intake.
  • ladyhawkgg
    Options
    Try just adding some lemon juice. a few drops will be all you need to change the taste and use other flavors. don't need to over do it with taste all your trying to do just add a touch of flavor.
  • jkirk2012
    Options
    I put a pitcher of water in the fridge with cut strawberries or cucumbers or lemon and lavender or lime or what ever just to keep it interesting I also sometimes at a few tablespoons of herbal tea into the pitcher, that helps me
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water. What helped me is I quit drinking everything else. I will have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I only drink water. I carry a 32 ounce water bottle with a straw at all times and try to finish 3 of them per day.
    Once your body gets used to drinking nothing but water you will actually crave it.

Just give yourself time. It takes time to get used to it. But, yes...I would say that mineral water will count towards you daily intake.

This. I used to never ever want to drink water, until it was all I allowed myself to drink. After only two weeks, it was what I craved. Now, when I drink soda, I actually can't stand the taste (and I used to drink a liter of diet coke a day)