5'7, 20ibs to lose, looking for similar people to help me wi

Options
I'm 5'7 and started at 165 and am now at 159. So i've still got aways to got to get to 140. I'm looking for some people with similar body types and goals. I currently have one friend on MFP, my boyfriend. He's not good at keeping up with his diary and isn't really into the site. So there goes my only wight loss friend haha. Some days i'm almost embarrassed of what I ate so i don't log every little thing. I've been getting better though because my weight loss hasn't been as fast as i'd like since I started the second week of January. I'm logging everything now, even those snacks that always seem to find me. I took before pictures and can see a bit of a difference but the weight is still there. Looking for some positive encouragement! :happy:

Replies

• hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There's a group for 5'7 girls too! I'm the same height and aiming for 140. I think a lot of us pick that as the middle of the BMI range, am I right? :) You are much closer to your goal than I am (CW 178.5) so well done!! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • lxmack
    Options
    Also 5'7", also about 178 now. Old enough and experienced enough to know I might not get down to 140--will be happy with somewhere in the 150's, so BMI is in range.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on most days and like sharing encouragement. I am 5'8, starting weight was 189, current weight is 164, goal weight is 150ish (depending on how I feel and look when I get there). So I've lost 25lbs and have another 15 or so to go! I am pretty enthusiastic about staying motivated to exercise and also eating healthy (and logging!). good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7. I started at 157 lbs and in the 100 days I have officially been on this site, have gotten down to hover between 135-140 lbs. I'm currently working on getting stronger and putting that BF% down, and flattening my tummy. I'm gonna have rockin' abs! ;)

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • silvermamma
    silvermamma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today. Don't really know how this all works, but I am 5'7 and would like to lose 30 lbs. I'm also 57 years old and am finding weight loss to be harder than ever at this age. Any encouragement along the journey would be great! Hope you're all having a good day :) I live in north central Brazil :smile:
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'6.5, so 'almost' 5'7, and we have similar weight loss goals.
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    I am 5'7 currently 160, and wanting to get to 135-140 as well..I have lost 60 pounds so far, now it is getting the last 20 pesky pounds off.
  • thermarose
    Options
    5'7" with about 30 lbs to lose, feel free to add me too :)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl- I am 5'7 I started on here at 155, now down to 138. Feel free to add me if you would like! We have similar weight loss goals.
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", Started out at 193lbs, CW 160 (maybe, weigh in is tonight) GW 140 (or lower) I want a healthy BF%
    Add me if you'd like, been on mfp for 1 1/2 years!
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yup I am in the same boat, looking to be 147. I am 5'7" looking to lose 20lbs with a starting wieght of 168
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey there. We have very similiar goals. I'm 5'7" about 160lbs and would like to get to 130. Feel free to add me.
  • butterfly81681
    Options
    I'm 5'7" started at 176 and 30 years old 2 kids my youngest being 1 year old. I've lost 8lbs since mid january 2012. I started this program and I'm using p90x. I have a goal to be 145 in 90 days Add me :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 with a goal of 140. Currently wavering between 171 & 178 or so, having a hard time breaking through 170 and staying there. Any of you can feel free to add me! I need all the support I can get lately!
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started 3 wks ago at 203. Lost 3 in 3 wks and I'm happy with that! Add me if you would like!
  • GennetteD
    Options
    Add me if you like. 5'7, my weight goal is 140 - 150. My current weight is 188. In the past month my weight lose has been very slow.
  • meldaniel
    Options
    feel free to add me! I am 5'7" and I would like to get down to the 130s from my starting weight of 155. I am down a few lbs but still have a long way to go, especially with firming up and getting muscle tone. Good luck! -Mel
  • tampawildcat1
    Options
    I'm 5'7", started at 178 last July, got down to 144 by Christmas and am finding that as long as I don't go over 147, I'm pretty happy. I'd love to get to 140, but I'm in a wedding in May and already have the dress, so I'm focusing on maintainence for the most part right now. :smile: Logging is key for me and I can tell when I haven't been as vigilant by the changes on the scale.
  • honeybadger44
    honeybadger44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I just joined this week and am 5'6" at 158 and on the way to 140!
  • lisa_135
    Options
    Heya! I'd love to be a weight loss buddy :) We have very similar goals... I'm 5'9, currently 161, GW is 135. I'm trying to stick to ~1200 calories a day and go to the gym most days, feel free to add me!