Now that I'm trimming&slimming down I can...(Add some)

Options
What are some of the thrilling new things you're able to do now that you're getting slimmer&trimmer?

I can now:

move from the drivers seat to the passengers side without getting out of the car/van

walk for almost 2 hours straight without feeling out of breath or exhausted

run/trot on my treadmill

stay of my full body stationary bike for more than 30 minutes at a time

keep up with my kids as we walk

dance for more than an hour without feeling like I'm about to pass out

pick up and do tiny curls with my new 8 lb weights

my eyesight is getting better/things are not as blurry

my naval is shrinking---it's back to the small size it was when I was thin

clothes are swimming on me, particularly pants

see changes in my body and feel changes in my heart and attitudes--I'm more calm and peaceful/less stressed

my wedding rings are sliding around my finger now, instead of having to take it off with soap.

How's about you?

Replies

• mrczk
    mrczk Posts: 4
    Options
    I can (or rather, will be) able to run away from zombies during the zombie apocalypse while everyone else perishes.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have found that i am so much more happier..
    sometimes i get angry that my clothes dont fit.. but i get over it and mover on
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I can (or rather, will be) able to run away from zombies during the zombie apocalypse while everyone else perishes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not me, I'll be able to walk up to them, give them a hug and tell them they don't have to live like that anymore, if thet don't want to--or if they give me some grief, I'm getting some serious muscles and will be able to kick some major zombie tail if they don't choose to be civil--:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I am able to do a more realistic zombie walk, to blend in during the imminent zombie apocalypse... since no one can run forever.
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options

i didnt think anyone else had this goal
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I can carry sleeping children upstairs to bed.

I can carry the groceries into the house.

I can kick @$$ on the cross trainer.

I look in the mirror every once and a while and I can smile.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    I can run a 5k without stopping.
    I can dance all night when I go out :-)
    I can wear smaller clothes that are cute & not big frumpy hoodies! I still love hoodies though.
    I can walk around with confidence :-)
    I can meet goals & make new ones.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I can do an hour on the eliiptical no sweat...actually that's a lie because I sweat profusely in the gym :embarassed: , BUT doing that hour is like nothing now when the first time I tried it it scared the heck out of me.
    I can also push more weight than I ever thought I could. Makes bedroom play interesting :wink:
  • dawnie_t
    dawnie_t Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can run 13 kilometers without stopping, AND I enjoy it:)

I can go into a store and buy pretty much anything I like.

I can see my collarbones, they are pointy and I love them!

I can share my pant size with people (8/10) and not feel shame or embarrassment.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I can play with my kids longer, I can keep up on walks, I can climb this killer hill at the park without feeling like I'm going to die.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can wash my jeans on a regular basis and not worry that I won't be able to button them :laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I can run, do planks, mountain climbers, jumping jacks.... But most importantly I can be comfortable in my own skin <3
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I can (had to) remember how to use my sewing machine . . . so I could take my pants in because they were falling off of me

I can get excited about weighing myself

I can wear clothes that have been hiding in my spare closet for about 5 years because they didn't fit but I loved them so I refused to get rid of them.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I can go hiking in the mountains without running out ouf breath.
    I can play in the yard with the dogs.
    I can run 1 1/2 miles.

I have more energy than I ever expected I would.:smile:
  • Mera_Mera
    Options

I second you! LOL! Love this post!

I can lift heavy weights now.
    I can fit into a size 8 pants.
    I am a size S on shirts! Finally!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I can pull on anything in my closet. If it doesn't fit it's because it's too big.

I can climb the 3 flights of stairs to my apt easily, even carrying groceries or firewood.

I can exercise longer & stronger

I sleep better because I'm more active.

I can influence my family & friends to a healthier lifestyle (my daughter had a baby 3 mos ago & is jealous I weigh less than she)

I can pass on fattening junk food and fast food and prefer to eat at home

I can come to MFP for support, resources and just general chit chat whenever I want

I CAN'T think of one down-side
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

i didnt think anyone else had this goal

It the reason I started here. Had a conversation with a friend and we both decided we would be dead within a couple of hours of a zombie apocalypse. While I dont seriously believe I have much to worry about with one starting, it got me thinking about survival scenerios. Here in Australia we have had alot of bad flooding over the recent years and the occasional big bushfire. I decided that I was in no physical condition to handle a survival scenario and protect those I love. So I will be pretending I am running from a pack of zombies whenever I get on the treadmill as extra incentive to push myself. :)

In answer to the OP

Changes -

I dont shuffle when I walk, I pass people on the footpath.
    I can resist sweets, icecream, other foods that seem a little pointless nuitritionally without a struggle.
    I am not tired all the time so there is energy enough to try new things.
    I am hopeful about the future and present me being disciplined enough to see this through.
    I can walk 3.8 miles and think if I had time I'd like to go further.
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I ABSOLUTELY love this!! This is an awesome goal. Thanks for the out-loud giggle!:bigsmile:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

This T-shirt is just for you!! :)

http://mediacdn.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/z/o/zombiefastfood_fullpic.jpg
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I hope you guys realize the running from zombies thing is just silly.... I mean, the real zombie solution is guns. lots of guns.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!