Need idea for "soft" food!!

Options
beachgirl10
beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
Hi Everyone,
I've been ordered to eat food that is very soft for a few days, because of a mouth injury.. Need idea so bad, coz now all I'm thinking is Ice cream! lol. Any ideas, or recipe? I might get fed up of soup and mash potatoes!
Thanks

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Would oatmeal count? Yogurt?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    mac n cheese (or other various forms of pasta) are pretty soft...just go whole grain (or gluten free if you're like me) :)

Oh and smoothies/protein shakes...you can make all kinds at home!
  • monharri
    Options
    oatmeal
    tofu
    bannana
    apple sauce
    yogurt
    stemmed vegetables can be really soft if you stem them long enough
    cherries (might be a little too hard though)

i hope you feel better soon!

also smoothies--try smoothie king
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    turkey meatloaf, omlets, pasta, the possiblities are endless. come on! :drinker:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    How about quinoa? It's a really small grain (like a rice), but packed with way more fiber and protein than any other rice. If you cook it with chicken broth, it's SUPER good. I just made some, and smothered it in black beans and spicy diced tomatoes. YUMMMM.
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    All puddings, Smoothies, soups would count as soft. Maybe bean and cheese burritos?
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Rice pudding
    mashed potatoes
    tinned spaghetti hoops/shapes
    yoghurt
    mashed ripe banans
    smoothies

martyx
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You might be able to have a cheese sand with soft bread... or maybe bean soup with soft cooked veggies... Just think of what you would feed a baby lol soups...
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Apple sauce, hummus with some finely ground up carrot mash...mmmm. As for real meat, you can do what my poor friend's brother did when he had to have mouth surgery: blend EVERY meal. XD
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    scrambled egg
    banana
    baked beans

not all on the same plate lol
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs
    mashed cauliflower mixed with mashed potatoes (or on it's own)
    bananas mashed with wheat bran and berries
    a "mash" made of peas, garlic and soft cooked onions(served hot), can be served over pasta (trust me, it's goooood)
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eggs, noodles, baked potatoes, veggies that are boiled until soft, apple sauce. You can also put most foods in a food processor. It is not pretty, but it works. Due to health issues I lost ALL of my teeth and this is how I got by until my mouth healed.
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How about quinoa? It's a really small grain (like a rice), but packed with way more fiber and protein than any other rice. If you cook it with chicken broth, it's SUPER good. I just made some, and smothered it in black beans and spicy diced tomatoes. YUMMMM.

The only thing with quinoa and couscous is that if you had and teeth pulled with empty pockets, they are small enough to get stuck in them. I know b/c my husband had a bunch of teeth pulled, 3 + all 4 wisdom teeth, plus implants placed a couple months ago. It depends on what kind of "mouth injury" you have. I hope u get better soon!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Two simple and easy snacks pop up in my diary frequently...I'll divulge my secrets in an effort to aid your cause. ;]

Snack 1: Muscle Marinade

1 cup cottage cheese
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp natty peanut butter
    Banana (optional)
    Clover honey (optional)

Snack 2: Swoll Sauce

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 tbsp stevia
    3/4 cup granola (kashi go-lean...whatever you got)
    berries of your choice

Hope that helped.
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! A lots of easy stuff i just did not think about :)
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add fish. Lots of fish;)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly but when I had my wisdom teeth ripped out of my face, I loved eating certain baby foods :laugh:
  • davewiard
    Options
    If you like Indian/Pakistani food there are a lot of possibilities. There are quite a few things that use chick peas (garbanzo beans), black beans, and lentils. Depending on the nature of your injury, Indian may not be suitable if spicy is out of the question. But Indian/Pakistani food tends to be very healthy and filling. Here are a few of my soft food favorites:

Pindi Chana
    Chana Masala
    Dal Makhani
    Red Kidney Bean Curry
    Dal Bukhara

They are all beans in a sort of a paste-like sauce.